BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default New Eldar 2500p list

Okay, letīs see, if i got the Craftworld Warhost right...

WINDRIDER HOST (Core)

HQ
    Farseer 120
    Jetbike, Singing Spear

(Warlock Conclave) 55
    Jetbike, Singing Spear

TROOPS
    Windriders x 3 81
    3 x Shuriken Cannon

Windriders x 3 81
    3 x Shuriken Cannon

Windriders x 3 81
    3 x Shuriken Cannon

FAST
    Vyper 50
    Bright Lance

WRAITH HOST (Auxiliary)

HQ
    Spiritseer 80
    Kurnous Bow

ELITE
    Wraithguard x 5 160
    Wave Serpent 115
    Bright Lance

Wraithguard x 5 160
    Wave Serpent 115
    Bright Lance

Wraithguard x 5 160
    Wave Serpent 115
    Bright Lance

HEAVY
    Wraithlord 165
    2 x Bright Lance, 2 x Flamer, Ghostglaive

LORD OF WAR

Wraithknight 295

ASPECT HOST(Auxiliary)

ELITE
    Howling Banshees x 9 117
    Exarch 33
    Executioner

Swooping Hawks x 5 80
    Exarch 36
    Hawks Talon

Warp Spiders x 5 95
    Exarch 44
    Spinnernet Rifle

OUTCASTS (Auxiliary)

TROOP
    Rangers x 5 60
    Rangers x 5 60

REGENTS OF THE WARHOST
    Illic Nightspear 140
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2498p

Is this how you do it? Seems kind of fun, donīt know how itīll play out. Thereīs no fliers, cos i only got two and we normally set up the game so, that we agree fliers or no fliers in the game (mainly, cos our Space Wolves player has no fliers yet).

- Lost Vyper
    Last edited by Lost Vyper; 04-28-2015 at 12:24 PM.
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

I think those banshees need a transport. Or you could just drop the aspect portion altogether and expand on the other segments. Seems kind of too tiny to make an impact as it is now.

The spirit host auxilary does not make wraiths troops, they remain elites, if it matters.

Also, I agree with klawz, the banshees need a transport. I'd drop the rangers and Illic for it and more spiders. Other than that it seems very well set up. As a happy side note, it would seem that if you do take a serpent for the banshees, but choose ballistic skill for your aspect formation, the serpent would gain the bonus as well.
    Last edited by ShadowcatX; 04-28-2015 at 11:27 AM.
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

Actually, I'm not super familiar with the new eldar rules but I think that aspect formation gets either +1 bs or ws, so throwing the banshees in there at all is sort of like throwing points away. I'd reccommend getting rid of them and replacing them with either dark reapers (who won't need a transport) or some Avengers in a serpent. Then expand the unit size of the other 2 to 10.

The wraith portion looks pretty scary, but I'd probably get rid of the wraithlord to free up points elsewhere. I also might think about adding more vypers to the jetbike unit, or expanding the units to 4 or 5 each. I don't know if you need 3 units minimum or not, if you just need 2 I'd say take 2 units of 5 instead for greater survivability.

Uups, that TROOP was a typo (old habits ). This was just a test list, iīm most likely playing the next game around 1500-1850p...canīt drop the WL, heīs a must in the Wraith host. I agree with the +1 BS or WS, either all shooty or all CC...I only got one Vyper AND NOT GETTING MORE . Thatīs the tax for that formation. I only got 9 jetbikes ATM, so, thereīs that too...
    Last edited by Lost Vyper; 04-28-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowcatX View Post
    The spirit host auxilary does not make wraiths troops, they remain elites, if it matters.

Also, I agree with klawz, the banshees need a transport. I'd drop the rangers and Illic for it and more spiders. Other than that it seems very well set up. As a happy side note, it would seem that if you do take a serpent for the banshees, but choose ballistic skill for your aspect formation, the serpent would gain the bonus as well.
    I'm not sure banshees need a transport, with their 15" total movement on turn 1 they can be charging on turn 2, and the Wraithknight and the Wraithguard's transports are going to hold most peoples attention, meaning they should be able to cross the board pretty much intact

With proper cover usage and layout, as well as the appropriate target priority by your enemy the banshees should be able to make it through turn 1 relatively alive. This, however, would also depend on the unit they are threatening. If they're running headlong into an unimportant unit then their priority should remain low in comparison to the D-toting zombelfs. However, one would assume that such an elite unit will be targeting the most important thing it can kill. When you make a beeline for the enemy warlord or a linchpin support unit their priority will likely shoot way up the list of "needs to die now." And they're still very delicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Djbz View Post
    I'm not sure banshees need a transport, with their 15" total movement on turn 1 they can be charging on turn 2, and the Wraithknight and the Wraithguard's transports are going to hold most peoples attention, meaning they should be able to cross the board pretty much intact
    First, let's focus on the "wraithknight and wraithguard's transports are going to hold most people's attention". You're right. Very much so. Every anti-tank weapon should target those. You know what shooting that leaves? Anti-infantry.

Second, have you seen what 1 - 2 turns of anti-infantry shooting can do to a T3, 4+ sv, unit? Its not pretty. If this was primarily a footdar army and the anti-infantry shooting of whatever his opponent happens to be had to choose between banshees, scorpions, and some shining spears, then sure, the banshees can handle running on foot. But when they are in a mechanized list, they're going to get chewed up and spit out.
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

If you're going to throw the Banshees in a transport you might as well not take them. I'd second Djbz and Powerklaw that as long as you use them somewhat carefully, they should be able to get to the enemy enough intact to still do damage. And on the plus side, they're relatively cheap now, even if they get shot to pieces it's not a huge lose.