BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Project Star Forge - Craftworld Asta'ielle Log

Hello ladies and germspoons!

To establish a premise here, I have 5 weeks to buy, build and paint 600 points for our local GW store challenge! (known as the Battlegroup Challenge)
    I have selected Eldar because:
    1. Shiny new models
    2. Shiny new codex
    3. They are the last of the 3 Eldar race armies for me to buy

So, my 600 points!

Farseer Skyrunner
    Singing Spear

3 Wind Riders
    2 Shuriken Cannons
    1 Warlock Wind Rider

3 Wind Riders
    2 Shuriken Cannons

5 Wraithguard

Fire Prism

These are all updated kits that I hadn't yet built, so it was all fresh and new to me.
    Now, onto the fluff!

Craftworld Asta'ielle is a Craftworld that was presumed lost in The Fall, however, they have simply been staying out of the way of the galaxy's affairs, until now. A Dark Eldar Prince has caught their attention by messing around with technology that he shouldn't, he has been 'turning off' stars which has been attracting undesirable eyes. The Harlequins belonging to the Masque of Veiled Stars have alerted the ancient warriors of the Prince's dark intent, and now they have mobilised to all out war. Typically a Craftworld devoted to the use of Vaul's divine engines, their tactics usually involve ranged strikes before Wind Riders sweep in to clean up. Autarch Amonthryr is seemingly the defacto leader of the Craftworld, advised by the various Exarchs and Seer Councils that make up the leadership. Prince Yurevan Soulspear shall be executed.The Craftworld rides to war in silvered plate, and through crimson eyes they obliterate their foes.
    Their Craftworld name and rune corresponds to the "Star Forge", an ancient artifact from Vaul himself that the Craftworld is said to guard.

- - - Updated - - -

It started yesterday (Saturday 25th April), and as of this morning I have:
    Bought everything
    Built everything
    Undercoated everything

Today I shall be using the new silver spray can to do the bits that are being silver (everything except the Wraithguard heads and cloths, and the two Psykers)

If you're after a rough colour scheme, this is what I am aiming for:
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

interesting scheme
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I really like that Blue/Teal combo, might have to work that into my Skitarii...

It's pretty sweet!

Right, the army is entirely silvered and washed blue, layering the silver back on.
    So far, I am the furthest ahead in the challenge.

Pictures inbound.

I love the Spiritseer, otherwise known as "Sir Not Appearing In This Army", he was supposed to be in it, but then he lost the whole make Wraithguard troops thing so I had to drop him for another bike to keep this Battleforged. He needs a left arm because I hate the "rock god" pose, I'm thinking the foot Farseers casting arm.

Chapter-Master

that metallic blue is gorgeous!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Cheers mon!

In today's segment, I show you my continued wip of the Fire Prism, it's all base layered now, blue in the recesses, and other colours put on it. Still need to put some bone on the weapons. Tomorrow shall be a highlighting day, get this baby nearly finished/totally finished.

Right, so, a week has passed and how have I got on? Well, most things are halfway painted though. I need to start working on the jetbikes, but here are some progress shots. The Farseer and Warlock are done pretty much.

I need to take some pictures of the finished Farseer and Warlock.

Brother-Captain

The blue-teal robes are looking very good. I noticed on a few of the bikes that your wash seems to be pooling unevenly in places. Have you tried adding a drop or two of flow medium, or is the pooling a desired result?
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast