BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    I don't know much about the Judge universe, but this thread's gotten me interested. Lots of good stuff on display, and I enjoy the little histories you give to the various models in terms of manufacturer, era etc.
    Thanks Rev., Im glad that you are enjoying the project. We are certainly getting a kick out of it.

The Dredd universe is something that Mr Saturday and I have been into since we were young kids and it directly led me to the 40k universe in many respects. 2000AD and Judge Dredd each were strong influences on the development of the original 40k setting (Rick Priestley wrote the Judge Dredd RPG just before he wrote Rogue Trader, and it shows).

#29 Servo Droid VAL-8

Another robot from me, a Pig Iron miniature this time. It sat on the table half painted since I painted the servo droid during the the Summer, so with time being a bit short at the moment I finished it off for this weeks submission.

The sculpt is quite nice, with a slightly downtrodden, perpetual servitude sort of vibe. Pig Iron make another variant, but it isnt available separately, so I dont have it. If anyone reading happens to have the other version of that model for trade then let me know please

The blog post is [url=https://sho3box.wordpress.com/2015/11/09/judgement-day-29-val-8/]HERE[/url] for anyone interested.

Mr Saturday will be posting next week as usual. *Thanks for looking!

Default Judgement Day Post #30 - Judge Williams

This week sees something of a red letter day in my submissions for Judgement Day. An actual judge. It was a real treat painting him, and seeing the familiar colours of the Mega City One judiciary come together as the paint went on only added to the enjoyment. I see a lot more judges in my painting future. I may even give old stoney-face himself a go.

Judge Williams here is not the most by-the-book judge, but several commendations for insane bravery have kept him off the Titan shuttle. He is currently kicking his heels as Bruce Campbell block judge, and it time he will lead an Apocalypse War resistance unit with the BC Block Citi-Def. His faithful boomsti... I mean lawrod will come in handy. It'll be...

...groovy.

This also defines my approach to any zombies for Judgement Day. It's deadites all round.
    http://mrsaturdaysmumblings.blogspot.ie/

#31 Butlerbot P3R-C

An OOP Megaminis figure that I decided to press into service in Mega City, P3R-C is intended to represent one of the many robo-sevants seen in the pages of Dredd stories.

The figure is a little crudely sculpted, but it has some character. I particularly like the idea of it being the head of the robot staff in an "Upstairs Downstairs" sort of environment.

The colour scheme is a continuation of the previous too servo droids in this project.

The associated blog post is [URL="https://sho3box.wordpress.com/2015/11/23/judgement-day-31-butlerbot-p3r-c/"]HERE[/URL]. Thanks for looking!

Default Judgement Day Post #32 - Alpha Werewolf

We head below city bottom this week to the undercity. A less well know denizen of the old cities are the werewolf packs. Dredd himself spent a little time running with the wolves during one of his undercity excursions during 'Cry of the Werewolf'. Originally caused by a convenient radioactive compound, the wolves are one of the many dangers lurking in the undercity.

This particular fellow is an alpha, as he is enormous. The 'giant werewolf' from the Citadel Night Horrors range. He comes with a separate head, so some fur sculpting was required to give him a mane on the back of the head and neck. He also has his junk out. Fair enough.

I wanted to go a bit further than a grey or black wolf, so I tried a little patterning on this guy. I'm happy with how it turned out, making what could be quite a plain mini into something a little more interesting.

The alpha, Prager, is the start of a group of unsavoury uncercity dwellers I'll be adding to over the next while.

#33 Lazooka Joe

I had to rush to finish this Citadel mutant from the 1980s range in order to meet the deadline, so a few areas are bit rougher than I would like. The model design, although quite crude in places - very much of its era - is also so much fun that I think that I got away with it.

I couldnt resist adding a silly bit of branding to the large, ramshackle laser cannons power source. The unusual weapon combines with the fez, the mutant feet, the aggressive pose and the underwear (the sculpt defined that really, they look like drawers, not short trousers) to make a memorable figure.

My mutant freedom fighters are slowly starting to build now. I have wanted to put together a force of mutants since I started painting toy soldiers back in the eighties, so once again, the Judgement Day imperative delivers on a personal level.

The blog post is [url=https://sho3box.wordpress.com/2015/12/07/judgement-day-33-mutant-with-bazooka/]HERE[/url] for anyone interested. Thanks for looking!

Default Judgement Day Post #34 - Private Raimi

From me this week, it's private Raimi, from the Bruce Campbell block Citi-Def.

I agonised and procrastinated over the colour scheme for these guys, finding, in the end, some photos of American riot police and early 20th century American football gear that gave me some ideas. I've made Raimi a little haggard, as I enjoy painting haggard faces, and I've set this group up as an Apocalypse War resistance unit to face off against my Sovs. The rest of the Citi-Def boxed set has some nice sculpts in there, and now I've settled on a scheme I'm rather keen to do some more.

Mr Saturday and I have agreed to take a short break from the Judgement Day project. With various other commitments at this time of year, we reckon that February first is a good time to pick things up, so Judgement Day #35 will be posted on that date.

I put a slideshow in the associated blog post, so if you are inclined to see all of the submissions to date in one place then click [url=https://sho3box.wordpress.com/2015/12/17/judgement-day-xmas-break/]HERE[/url]

Hopefully you will join us in February for more 28mm Dredd.

Thanks for your enthusiasm for the project in 2015!

Brother-Sergeant

Looking forward to seeing what's next! I recently scored some of the Foundry Dredd figures (a little bigger that the Warlord miniatures it would seem) but this thread has got me pumped to get my Mega City One going!

Squaxx Dekk Thargo!
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345