BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This week, Sov Judge Officer Pashkov joins the ranks of the East Meg One judiciary. I haven't painted a human face in a while, so I enjoyed painted Pashkov's features immensely. I made him slightly haggard, as he is on active duty on the front lines after all. All that stress, and the possibility of running into Dredd would make anyone prematurely grey.

This week, Sov Judge Officer Pashkov joins the ranks of the East Meg One judiciary. I haven't painted a human face in a while, so I enjoyed painted Pashkov's features immensely. I made him slightly haggard, as he is on active duty on the front lines after all. All that stress, and the possibility of running into Dredd would make anyone prematurely grey.
    Last edited by Mr Saturday; 07-30-2015 at 04:19 AM.
    http://mrsaturdaysmumblings.blogspot.ie/

Brother-Sergeant

I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread. As a fan of 2000AD and just recently(ish) picking up the starter set from Warlord, I'm very inspired by the goodies in this thread!

So far the only thing that makes me cringe a little are some of the odd proportions on the Warlord figures, although they are fun to paint. I must look into getting hold of some of the Foundry miniatures!

Keep up the good work!!!!
    There is no time for peace... Only...eternal...WAR...

Thanks Mr Wolf, it's been a thoroughly enjoyable project thus far.

This week's Judgement Day offering is one of my favourite bad guys from Judge Dredd, Orlok the assassin. Orlok was an East Meg One agent who poisoned the water supply of Mega City One, leading to the mass outbreak of block mania, the precursor to the Sov invasion. He also killed Judge Giant. Yes, Orlok is a massive jerk, but he's one of the few who can go toe to toe with Dredd in a fist fight. A must have for a Sov collection really.

I went for a pretty modern looking scheme, with a worn leather jacket and boots, black trousers and gloves. I put most of my time into the face. Orlok has a very distinctive scar, and I accentuated it a tad to make it more of a point of interest. As the gear is very modern day, (If we ignore the rolled up sleeves. Orlok is so hard he can roll up leather sleeves.) I also added the smashed Judge's helmet to anchor him back into the Judge Dredd universe.

Brother-Sergeant

Brilliant! I love the skin tones on here, they do accentuate the scar very nicely. Love the work on the leather jacket too. Did you chop an existing figure for the judges helmet?

Another job well done!

Thanks very much!

Did you chop an existing figure for the judges helmet?
    The judges helmet comes from the base on the SJS figure. A very handy little bit for Dredd figures. I wish there was a a Dredd-themed basing kit...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Saturday View Post
    Thanks very much!

The judges helmet comes from the base on the SJS figure. A very handy little bit for Dredd figures. I wish there was a a Dredd-themed basing kit...
    Hmmm... I'll have to snag one and see if I can cast it up in resin to use also, thanks for the heads up!

Whoops, I forgot to update the forum when I posted #15 on my blog. I was rather busy that weekend (good busy, international toy soldier gaming sort of busy, but busy nonetheless) and neglected the forum.

#15 Judge Fear Spirit Form

Its a small contribution this time, the spirit form of Judge Fear that shows up when the reanimated corpse that he occupies is destroyed (corporeal Judge Fear included for comparison purposes).

The model is small and simple but nicely formed I think and it was easy to get it painted fairly fast. I havent painted that ectoplasmic green g-g-g-ghost effect before, but I am fairly pleased with how it turned out.

The [url=https://sho3box.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/judgement-day-15-spirit-form-judge-fear/]Judge Fear Spirit Form blog post is here[/url].

Im really looking forward to seeing Orlok in hand Mr S, the more restrained colour scheme makes lots of sense.

Another quick one from me as I try to clear some of the toy soldier backlog, also a bit later than scheduled this week...

#17 Judge Mortis Spirit Form

Like Fear last time, this is what happens to Judge Mortis when he is between corporeal forms.

A small submission, but one that I get a kick out of, even if the pastels and the way that the model is sculpted make notions of My Little Pony come to mind...

The blog post is [url=https://sho3box.wordpress.com/2015/08/17/judgement-day-17-judge-mortis-spirit-form/]here[/url]. I think that Mr Saturday has something a bit more substantial planned for next time.

Today's Judgement Day submission is the Karpov MF7 Sentenoid. Deployed to support the Sov invasion of Mega City One, this robot was a mainstay of the Sov forces during the Apocalypse War, one electrocuted Mega City One judge at a time.

I've been ticking away at the Sentenoid for a while now. It comes in eleven parts, and I pinned the hell out of it. It required minimal clean-up. It's attached to the base by only two of the four legs, so pinning was the only way. I wanted to go nuts on the base too. The Sentenoid takes up very little of the actual base, so I had plenty of room for a dead Mega City One judge and some Apocalypse War paraphernalia. The truly devoted might recognise the leaflets scattered about the base.

It's a very nice model when it's all together, and surprisingly large. I also tried out AK Interactive's Fuel Stain effect on some of the vents and such. It's a nice oily, glossy finish. A little hard to see on the photos, but it adds another level of interest to the model. They are oil-based, but that's no real impediment. They do a great range, so well worth checking out.

With the Sentenoid finished, that completes the Sov Invasion box minis. Here's the whole gang:

There's only one more Sov left in my radar now, the main man himself. I've been looking forward to getting a brush at him for some time now.

Default #19 Renegade Servo-Droid

#19 Renegade Servo-Droid

A quick one today, a former services industry employee turned rebel.

The figure is a Mongoose/Warlord Renegade Robot. I decided to go for a less industrial scheme on this guy compared to the more obviously industrial robots on the set. I intend to match this colour scheme with some unarmed menial robots at a later date.

I used the same colour scheme on the gun as on the other Renegades. I imagine that they hijacked an arms shipment at some earlier point as I like the little thread of consistency that the consistent weapon colour brings.

[URL="https://sho3box.wordpress.com/2015/08/31/judgement-day-19-renegade-servo-droid/"]The blog post is here[/URL]. Mr Saturday will have another submission next week.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast