BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aspect Host

Veteran-Sergeant

Default Aspect Host

Was looking through the new Eldar Codex and was considering some options. Does anyone know if a IC could be added to a Data Sheet such as the Aspect Host? I was looking at a 3 Squad Aspect of Howling Banshees lead by Jain Zar. If part of a Craftworld Warhost, this would mean that they would run 18" per turn (6" auto run from the Warhost + 3" from Acrobatic and +3" from Jain Zar's Warlord trait. Almost makes it worth not giving them a transport.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

As I understand it you'd take Jain Zar as a 'Living Legend' from the 'Regents of the Warhost' section of the diagram. As part of the warhost both the banshees and Jain get the 6"auto-run so your plan works as far as I can tell.

Yes, you can mix and match Formations if you go that route of army-building. The rules on doing so are provided in the codex. You can have that army easily if you do as the post above says; just bear in mind that to unlock those abilities you have to take all the units it tells you to (so you need some form of Guardian Warhost before you can take the Aspect Host and Living Legend Jain Zar).

You can't "add in" the character to the Formation, but she's an Independent Character so you can put her with one of the squads for the bonuses.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

If you use Jain Zar with the Banshees it'd probably be best for the other Aspect warriors to be shooty ones and pick the BS boost
    As Jain Zar's fancy banshee mask reducing enemy Ws by 5 makes the improved Ws only actually benefit you against Ws9/10 opponents

And just for clarity's sake, it'd be an 18'' total move, but a 12'' run. 6'' Move plus 6'' Run plus 3'' Acrobatic plus 3'' Falcon's Swiftness. Still pretty sweet, sets you up for an assured turn 2 charge.

Veteran-Sergeant

If your running this formation and add in Eldrad, then you can give the Unit Jain Zar is with the scout rule. So theoritcly a turn 1 Charge, with no overwatch shots and opponents having a -5 to WS and Int and a -2 to leadership (unlees warshout from the Exarch and Jain Zar stack, then it's -4 to leadership) plus having to make a fear test, with the Banshees having a WS of 5.

so theoritcly a turn 1 charge
    brb:
    a unit that makes a scout redeployment cannot charge in the first game turn.

Veteran-Sergeant

thanks for that, so many rules.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingbantha View Post
    If your running this formation and add in Eldrad, then you can give the Unit Jain Zar is with the scout rule. So theoritcly a turn 1 Charge, with no overwatch shots and opponents having a -5 to WS and Int and a -2 to leadership (unlees warshout from the Exarch and Jain Zar stack, then it's -4 to leadership) plus having to make a fear test, with the Banshees having a WS of 5.
    Adding in a unit of Scorpions with an Exarch instead of one of the Banshee squads can make life tough for enemy characters. Jain drops initiative by 5 and the Exarch in the first round of a challenge gets an extra attack for every excess in initiative. Add a scorpions claw for hitting hard (I couldn't see it an unwieldy in the Codex) and most characters are going to duck out of challenges against scorpions.
    Last edited by Alqualonde; 06-03-2015 at 04:51 AM.

Jain cant deploy with Scorpions on first turn as Scorpions have the Infiltrate special rule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast