BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    I faced pretty much this exact list this past weekend. Its tough for all the reasons you said, you should play it and rekindle yer gaming love dude. Who knows, it may even generate a positive post from you.
    You do realize that continued personal attacks are not positive posts themselves? And not really helpful to this conversation, as they aren't adding anything 40K related that could at least be debated?*

*Debate doesn't have to be a "bad" thing, it helps people learn perspectives they might not have thought of.

I feel you - as an Eldar player I just got a book where no units are worthless - except maybe storm guardians. Every unit in there is fun, fluffy and interesting. I want to use ALL of my models now. I really hope that the rules that follow give the players the same feeling of fulfillment.
    And in my experience that this "hope" you speak of, gets crushed time and time again due to inconsistency and sheer idiocy.

I've just been disappointed too many times. As I get older, and mature as a gamer, I just don't have the time or motivation to flip armies at the pace GW wants. If their rules were actually consistent and that all armies can play at the same level, I would love the game. Sadly, one must face reality and I'm not going to give them another 14 years of my life holding onto a prayer that they'll suddenly know what they're doing.

Time, is important to me now more than ever. More companies are starting up and starting to dominate the space that GW has held defiantly in the last 20 some years. These companies are business smart, tech savy, understand the power of social media, and tap into community resources, all the while sporting equal or better design philosophies than GW. Tell me, aside from fluff and IP (which I love), why, as a GAMER, should I deliberately choose to support a company that has consistently failed me after I've given them so much in return? The logical answer is that I shouldn't. I shouldn't because GW does not give a **** about me as a gamer. They have recently announced that they are a collectibles company and not a game company. This is HORSE**** first and foremost. Why? Because the second you attach rules for a game onto the models you provide, you are a gaming company. Stating that they are a collectible miniatures company is simply a cop-out for saying they do not care about the game.

With that, I begin my long exodus away from GW. I'm starting with my massive Tyranid army, then I'm going to sell my Eldar remnants, but I'll probably keep my oldest and greatest love which is Dark Eldar. If GW ****s up 9th Ed WHFB, I'm selling everything. This is the year I put an end to the long abusive relationship that is GW. And it pains me greatly.
    Last edited by HERO; 04-30-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Our Badab campaign is finishing up. Top of our standings:

#1 - Orks 7-2
    #2 - Orks 7-1

While orks don't have any blatant win buttons, I don't think that they are a hopeless or super weak codex. As we have not one but two ork players in our campaign that have terrorized people with them, I just can't think that they are that bad. I agree they aren't super strong and OP but in the hands of a good player they are more than competent.

Reference: [url]www.louisvillewargaming.com[/url]

How to play orks: Fill all points with bommers. Destroy all life.

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    Our Badab campaign is finishing up. Top of our standings:

#1 - Orks 7-2
    #2 - Orks 7-1

While orks don't have any blatant win buttons, I don't think that they are a hopeless or super weak codex. As we have not one but two ork players in our campaign that have terrorized people with them, I just can't think that they are that bad. I agree they aren't super strong and OP but in the hands of a good player they are more than competent.

Reference: [url]www.louisvillewargaming.com[/url]

I'd like to see the kind of armies used on both sides, and the missions played. I think Orks can be okay if people make "fluffy" armies. They're still a bit behind some armies, but can give them a run and win. Things fall apart when people bring out the nasty stuff.

Digging through the campaign rules packet, there's a lot of rules in there aimed at limiting stuff, and I see the repeated idea of "don't be a [jerk]." Also some house rules. Pushes narrative gaming. In that case, I think Orks can do well. And that's a fun campaign. I love narrative campaigns. I feel like I'll have to run one for the folks at the local GW to actually have one. But yeah, campaign like that, I think Orks can thrive, and the Ork player can have serious fun getting into the spirit of Orks.

Veteran-Sergeant

Things I like about 40k right now:
    - "Niche" factions like AdMech, Harlies etc.
    - Best minis there have ever been from GW

Things I don't like:
    - Game balance is even further out the window than before. If it was out the window in 6th, it's now a puddle of goo on the pavement. The ludicrously OP Eldar dex, following on so quickly from the bland, flavourless, weak Dark Eldar dex is just a nonsensical approach to game design and it's clear GW have no idea how to actually write a coherent ruleset.

- The new short lifespan of Codices. You can just be asinine and say "it's only a £30 book, just save up bro" all you want, but constant re-writes only add to power-creep and horrifying external balance. Also, the concept of whether an item is "worth it" is entirely subjective. I'd be fine spending money on models, but I personally don't believe that it's worth it to buy a Codex that does nothing to fix the game's glaring imbalances and that is essentially a re-write of something that only came out a year and half ago. Either that or it's a book that just explodes the concept of game balance even further (Eldar, anyone?).

- The positivity police that are on every forum, attacking people for bringing up points like the previous ones. I get that you don't like "whining" but it's BS to try and stop people airing their legitimate grievances. GW are big boys, they can take the criticism. Stop white-knighting.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Correct Erik, this event was a full on narrative campaign and not a competitive tournament or competitive pick up environment.

I think that those types of events are vital to enjoy the hobby because they let you unleash units and missions you wouldn't normally see.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    The ludicrously OP Eldar dex, following on so quickly from the bland, flavourless, weak Dark Eldar dex is just a nonsensical approach to game design and it's clear GW have no idea how to actually write a coherent ruleset.
    Well Dark Eldar are still the best Eldar supplement to date...
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Did someone order a taxi?

- Asdrubael Vect (currently on vaccation with Lady Aurelia Malys)

Occuli Imperator

I am loving 40 right now, the skitarii and ad mech are just right

I am loving the speed of the new releases and the quaility of the models awesome.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast