BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

You can take multiples in a slot. And 12 armor isn't "easy" to kill... unless the opposing army is throwing all their anti-armor at the Dreadnoughts, leaving everything else in the army alone. Rhinos, Razorbacks, and Whirlwinds have less armor (to say nothing of Land Speeders), Drop Pods and Stalkers have the same armor, and Predators and Vindicators are just +1 armor. So I guess those are all not hard enough to kill to justify getting them?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as an Ork player, I can tell you they bloody well stand out to me, because I have to bolt a bunch of extra close combat weapons, rather than guns, onto my Dreadnoughts to get those attacks. And Orks are supposed to be the close combat army...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    You can take multiples in a slot. And 12 armor isn't "easy" to kill... unless the opposing army is throwing all their anti-armor at the Dreadnoughts, leaving everything else in the army alone. Rhinos, Razorbacks, and Whirlwinds have less armor (to say nothing of Land Speeders), Drop Pods and Stalkers have the same armor, and Predators and Vindicators are just +1 armor. So I guess those are all not hard enough to kill to justify getting them?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as an Ork player, I can tell you they bloody well stand out to me, because I have to bolt a bunch of extra close combat weapons, rather than guns, onto my Dreadnoughts to get those attacks. And Orks are supposed to be the close combat army...
    Well, Orks got a bad deal in their codex. But Dreadnoughts needed the buff, and so do Deff Dreds and Killa Kans when they et back to Orks usin the new style of codices.

Not saying giving love to Dreadnoughts is a bad thing, I'm just pointing out that they're not bad at all, especially compared to other armies.

My biggest problem right now is that I need to assembled a Dreadnought or two for my Marines that actually has a CCW. I might have a CCW somewhere to throw on them, can't remember, but most of the time (if not all the time) I had them running around with lascannon/missile launcher combo as a slightly mobile armored gun platform.

First-Captain

I love that Scouts are BS4 now, I ussually run some Sniper Scouts when I have the points (because I have an Anvil Industry model I love as the Sergeant more than any in game effect) so it makes them a bit easier to use now because they will all have the same BS.

Incidently, its [url]http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/Black-Ops-Master-Sniper[/url] I use as my Scout Sergeant (and I've never had an issue with using him in GWs, even Warhammer World)
    Last edited by Path Walker; 06-15-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Chapter-Master

yeah very glad to see that change, much needed.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Not saying giving love to Dreadnoughts is a bad thing, I'm just pointing out that they're not bad at all, especially compared to other armies.

My biggest problem right now is that I need to assembled a Dreadnought or two for my Marines that actually has a CCW. I might have a CCW somewhere to throw on them, can't remember, but most of the time (if not all the time) I had them running around with lascannon/missile launcher combo as a slightly mobile armored gun platform.
    I keep my dread arms unglued, they stay on fine with just friction.

I don't think I'll bother fielding a CC dread anyway, missiles and lascannon are still my favorite combo.

I normally don't glue them on, I like using magnets. I honestly just can't remember right now... I think I actually have an array of weapons for my Marine Dreads, but it's been a while since I played them, so all I'm going on is peeking in the foam trays as I loaded them for possible play yesterday (didn't get a chance).

Only Dreads I know definitely that I've glued the arms are Ork Dreads, and they're built different from Marine and Chaos Dreads. Pretty much have to glue their arms on. I did do a couple of all-CC Ork Dreads, and they reminded me why I don't usually do all-CC. Buggers get immobilized really early, and for some reason never anywhere near a Mek when it happens. I know it's silly to think that will happen every time I put any CC-based walker on the field, but it's happened so often that I think the Dice Gods have declared they hate CC walkers.

All mine have Grot Riggers on for that very reason. Of course, then 7th changed the way they work...

I think I'm getting too old for this hobby. I finally got a 6th ed Space Marine codex in mid January this year and now it's out of date???. I think I've played with it once, I do have most armies and don't get to play that often. It feels like i totally wasted £30. I feel mentally old keeping up with all these formations and rules changes. I can't remember half the rules and frequently start using the wrong version. I'm glad Dreadnoughts got a buff and all.

I just wish GW could focus on selling new product lines that don't invalidate the old ones. I'd have been excited if they had done a £25 Space Marine formation book which buffs the Dregnoughts to 4 attacks as part of a formation.

I'm loving the new Devistator and Assault squads. I'd just like to enjoy my hobby without feeling stressed to keep up with all the codex changes. The old codex release rate was to slow with some armies not seeing a codex for over 4 years. I could cope with thing ramping up to 3 years per army, but 18 months is Madness.

Again I love the new kits and think the changes are good. I just don't love spending £35 to play one game with a codex.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

That is how I felt about the Eldar codex. I think I got 2 games in and one of those is sitting in the middle of a turn right now.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast