BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Am I the only one that finds it weird that the leaked codex refers to the weapon profile (both ranged and melee) to page 200 of the rulebook, which is the page with destroyer weapon table, perils, etc? I checked to old codex which does not mention a page number, so this isn't a copypasta error. I do not have a 6th edition codex nearby, so it might be that it is still a 6th edition reference. Could someone check this? I am dying of curiosity here. If this is not the case, GW might have leaked a hint to 8th edition. Any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by FishBrainn View Post
    Am I the only one that finds it weird that the leaked codex refers to the weapon profile (both ranged and melee) to page 200 of the rulebook, which is the page with destroyer weapon table, perils, etc? I checked to old codex which does not mention a page number, so this isn't a copypasta error. I do not have a 6th edition codex nearby, so it might be that it is still a 6th edition reference. Could someone check this? I am dying of curiosity here. If this is not the case, GW might have leaked a hint to 8th edition. Any thoughts on this?
    It's page 200 of the Marine codex, not page 200 of the rulebook. Page 200 of the marine dex is the very last page and has all the weapons profiles nicely listed there.

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

via Games Workshop 6-13-2015

Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armor
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99070101009_SMLibrarianTerminatorArmour01.jpg 
Views:	963 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	14583Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99070101009_SMLibrarianTerminatorArmour06.jpg 
Views:	979 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	14584

Space Marine Skyhammer Annihilation Force

Name:	99020101090_SkyhammerAnnihilationForce01.jpg 
Views:	1011 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	14585Click image for larger version. 

Name:	99020101090_SkyhammerAnnihilationForce02.jpg 
Views:	1163 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	14586

Sons of Ultramar Painting Guide

Name:	60040101027_SonsUltramarUltramPaintingGuide.jpg 
Views:	950 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	14587
    via Games Workshop 6-13-2015, made readable by [URL="http://elite40k.blogspot.com/2015/06/analysis-skyhammer-annihilation-force.html"]Elite 40,000[/URL]

Skyhammer Annihilation Force Rules:
    Shock Deployment: All units in a Skyhammer Annihilation Force start the game in Deep Strike Reserve. Instead of using the normal deployment and reserve rules for these units, you can, during deployment, choose whether this Formation will arrive during your first or second turn. The entire Skyhammer Annihilation Force automatically arrives on the turn you choose—no Reserve Rolls are required. Ignore this Formation's Drop Pods for the purposes of the Drop Pod Assault special rule.
    First the Fire, then the Blade: On the turn they arrive from Deep Strike Reserve, the Devastator Squads in a Skyhammer Annihilation Force have the Relentless special rule and the Assault Squads can charge even though they arrived from Reserves that turn.
    Suppressing Fusillade: A unit targeted by a Skyhammer Annihilation Force's Devastator Squad in the Shooting phase must take a Morale test at the end of the phase on 3D6, regardless of how many casualties were inflicted. If the test is failed, the enemy unit does not Fall Back, but must immediately Go to Ground. If the test is passed, the enemy unit is unable to fire Overwatch for the rest of the turn.
    Leave No Survivors: Assault Squads in a Skyhammer Annihilation Force can use their Jump Packs in both the Movement phase and the Assault phase. If an Assault Squad from a Skyhammer Annihilation Force charges a unit that has Gone to Ground as a result of the Suppressing Fusillade special rule, that Assault Squad can reroll failed To Hit and To Wound rolls in the ensuring Assault phase.
    Last edited by AdamHarry; 06-13-2015 at 08:46 AM.

That's a very straight forward kit. Perhaps even disappointingly so.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

It does look as good as any other character kits from 2013 though to be fair, but it is a little bland - but then I just finished assembling my tech--priest dominus which is the polar opposite so perhaps I'm biased.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Librarian

ah that head is gonna be a swine to drill out
    why always with hiuman heads in terminators?
    it is supposed to be the best suita available, but leave the most vital piece of anatomy exposed? it should be 5+ with no ++ if you dont use a lid.

ill still try to lid him however.

so im new to 40k "formations" but can characters join formations if not specified as part of the formation? going to assume no... but you never know

Unless the formation specifies they can't (eg the Council of Waaagh) then there's no restriction.

You can but they are not part of the formation regarding formation rules.

So if you have a formation that must contain 2 units of X and 1 unit of Z to unlock FnP and Furious Charge for the Formation you can attach a Character from (for example) a combined arms detachment but he will not get Furious Charge and FnP as he is not part of the original formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    You can but they are not part of the formation regarding formation rules.

So if you have a formation that must contain 2 units of X and 1 unit of Z to unlock FnP and Furious Charge for the Formation you can attach a Character from (for example) a combined arms detachment but he will not get Furious Charge and FnP as he is not part of the original formation.
    ah ok so for example a character cannot join this deep striking formation of devs and jump packs because he wouldnt be able to follow the original rules but he COULD join "after". am i getting it?

my other question is for these "free" transports i assume that doesnt include upgrades. they should be more specific as some people i know would most likely assume a "more unreasonable" reading and take free full upgs lol
    Last edited by eosgreen; 06-13-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast