BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHarry View Post
    via [URL="https://www.facebook.com/ForgeTheNarrative/photos/pcb.364464597077648/364464197077688/?type=1&theater"]Forge the Narrative (Facebook)[/URL]6-6-2015

Newest Lysander info - I hope he still swinging the Fist of Dorn at Str 10! Still packing 4 wounds, Eternal Warrior and his +2/++3.
    ohhh, so Lysander is in the new Space Marine codex!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
    ohhh, so Lysander is in the new Space Marine codex!
    Not that big of a surprise, he's been in the last few, just like the Big Ultramarine, and he's the iconic Imperial Fist Character.

Looking at the info on the Games Workshop site concerning the new codexes there seems to be an anomaly. The standard codex has 200 pages while the limited ones only have 160 . I wonder if the extra book suppliedd with the special editions contains the missing 40 pages ?

Paint guide most probably.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by packard57 View Post
    Looking at the info on the Games Workshop site concerning the new codexes there seems to be an anomaly. The standard codex has 200 pages while the limited ones only have 160 . I wonder if the extra book suppliedd with the special editions contains the missing 40 pages ?
    Huh hadn't noticed that before. Bit concerned now as I have ordered the Ltd Imperial Fist one and not keen for it to be missing 20% of the book. the other book that comes with it is described as:

104 page softback booklet with a collection of Successor Chapter line drawings.

EDIT: I emailed GW Customer Service about this and this is the reply I got back:

Hi Robert

Thanks for your mail.

This is a mistake in the web text - the Codex has 200 pages.

It will be updated today.

I am sorry for any confusion caused.

Kind regards
    Gemma
    So that's a relief.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 06-08-2015 at 05:31 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

First-Captain

Still no Iron hands character
    Why not GW? What did they do to be the only first Founding chapter without one?
    As of this coming Saturday I can't even use the Clan Raukann supplement

Fly Lord

Via [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308934-new-codex-space-marine-thread/page-132#entry4076525"]Leman Russ SW[/URL] on Bolter & Chainsword

(Raw Transcript from multiple pages compiled by myself)

I have seen the new Marine Codex the command tanks are not in it. Tac Squads can take Grav, All dreadnoughts now have 4 base attacks. Only LOW is Calgar. No master of the Forge but Techmarines can take Conversion Beamers. Iron Hand Chapter Tactics now add +1 to feel no pain.

Raven Guard lost Scout but not get Shrouded turn 1 and +1 to roll for Night fight. Most others stay similar.

Sallies get 4+ FNP against flame weapons and preroll to wound with them. Scars can no longer scout land raiders. Templars can't take Librarians and get rage if they take damage from shooting the previous turn or overwatch. Bolter Drill can use special ammo now. Tac Doctrine lets tacsquads preroll all hits in shooting and assault.

Raven Guard got shafted I was really disappointed with them. Jump packs stay the same so can use them in both phases but lose of scout is huge.

Formations looked ok nothing amazing. The termi one can DS from turn 1. No assault marine formation . Bike are troops if you take any HQ on a bike, no need to be five man now. Temis squads of both kinds got a 5 point drop but TH SS cost the same as before after buying the upgrade for them. Centurions are pretty much the same.

Ultras get the 3 doctrines other chapters can use the tac one once a game if they take the decurian which is call Gladius Strike force.

Yeah grav canons on tac Squads. RG can add +1 to the dice roll for night fight. No grav on dread that I saw.

Templars get counter attack too after getting shot. Other armies only get the tac doc if they take the extra expensive formations. The docs look a lot better Ultras probably have the best chapter tactics still. Twin links grav centurions in pods seems scarey. Chapter Master is now an upgrade for a captain.

Iron Hands get 6+ as standard or +1 to any other FNP, vehicles and characters have IWND and tech marines +1 to repair.

(In reference to The Emperor's Champion)
    Fear, reroll ld, FNP, can't remember the others, only the FNP stood out as being really good. EC has no stances, 2+ 4++ 2 base attacks, I5 WS6 plus a pistol, In a challenge can preroll to hit and wound and causes ID on a 6

Sternguard are the same rules wise. A few of the units have got cheaper by a few points. Not sure on Termi weapons, assault squads can take an evissorator for every 5 guys

Honour Guard and Command Squads are Elites now you don't need characters to take them. Fist is still unwieldy. All termis are 5 cheaper TH SS upgrade is 5 points more.

Calgar the same just LOW and can choose his Warlord trait so will pretty much always have FNP. He still lets you use a doctrine twice and now they are better he is better.

Calgar can pick his Warlord Trait from the marine list the best one being FNP. Shrike and any jump unit he joins can infiltrate. Vulcan master crafts melt weapons. Khan gives scout to bikes rhinos and razors. No Iron Hand character. You can take a librarian formation where one librarian can know any of the powers the others have if they don't cast and warp charges are on 3+

Lysander has 4 wounds and Eternal warrior still and Fist or Dorn is +6S. Kantor makes Sternguards objective secured

Didn't read Grimaldus, Helbrecth gives all units Hatred and Fleet once per game. Kahn, Sicarius and Him still only ap3. Sicarius lets you effect reserves and give one tac squad a usr.

The best formation from what I saw is strike force ultra. Can arrive turn 1 get +1 shot if ds or +1 a if assault from a vehicle

All vehicles can squadron you get bonus if you take 3. Whirlwinds get shred and pinning. Preds get monster and tank hunter.

Assault and Devastator Doctrine applies to all other squads on 1s like the Tactical Doctrine.

Basically they all allow to reroll ones for either shooting or assault depending on which one it is. Tacs reroll everything for the tac doc. Assault marines and assault centurions reroll all hits in combat for assault. Devs and Dev centurions reroll shooting to hit for theirs.

(Ultramarines) can use it twice. The best formation from what I saw is strike force ultra. Can arrive turn 1 get +1 shot if ds or +1 a if assault from a vehicle
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    Still no Iron hands character
    Why not GW? What did they do to be the only first Founding chapter without one?
    Judging by the rumors you may not need or want it. Some new neat options, I admit it sucks you lose the unique warlord traits and wargear tho.

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    Why not, though? I don't think there's been any official word that the supplement is invalid, and it sounds like their won't be any rules contradictions with the upcoming codex.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 06-08-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Why not, though? I don't think there's been any official word that the supplement is invalid, and it sounds like their won't be any rules contradictions with the upcoming codex.
    True. Noone has figured out if the Iyaden supplement is invalid and the Eldar book has been out for a while now!

- - - Updated - - -

"Bike are troops if you take any HQ on a bike, no need to be five man now. "

This is an odd item. GW had been dumping things that change the FOC category.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast