BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Space Wolf sprue has a head, frostblade and the proper shoulders to make a great Ragnar in plastic, letting them retire the old model.
    Thats the first thing I thought when I saw the SW sword. Infact I think thats the main reason I will buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Should've said. All we've seen so far are rumours.
    Sorry. Was trying not to be too exact on it because I'm paranoid about GW retaliating against people who are nice enough to give out info early.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    always good to see more plastic options for upgrades, conversions and the like, but I do find it an odd choice of chapters. only one of them is actually in codex space marines, dark angels rumoured to be out in the next month, why not release codex chapters now, and dark angels with the dark angels book? why not blood angels and space wolves separate? lots of people would like to see iron hands, white scars, raven guard, imperial fists, and salamanders.
    These are the "Big Four." From a sales standpoint, they're the ones who sell the most. It's the same reason Space Marines are the only army to have a codex for every edition of 40K (since they started making codices in 2nd edition)... they know SMs sell well, and it's safe money.

If the upgrade kits are done now, why hold them back? Might as well push them all out together.

The one I can't figure is the SW kit. BAs only got Tactical Squad and Assault Terminator Squad, so they can use the bits for Assault Squads, Devastator Squads, characters, etc. But SWs have unique kits for pretty much every unit already.

- - - Updated - - -

replacing skull white, better depth and flavour, adds a hint of cinnamon on the tongue. notes of winter and shadowy death.
    Hint of cinnamon, eh? So it tastes better when you spray it on your mouth and tell someone to witness you?

Regarding new codex - am I the only one, who thinks that it is absolutely stupid that chainsword is simple CCW which equals scout knife or pointy stick? It should have at least AP or any positive modifier.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Yeah, I agree - the sprues are really nice but i find the choice a bit difficult to understand with a few of those. I'd genuinely like to know why they went with the SW and BA ones as they seem well accounted for with their own tactical squad kits. Hopefully they'll do those other popular chapters too though, and it would be cool to see some more obscure ones later down the line.
    I think the answer is obvious and is the same answer that I'm given when I wonder why we haven't seen any Xenos from FW since last year.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

I love how GW shoehorned the Space marine Release into the weekend their Financial year closes. Anyone want to bet that constant currency sales are still going to be down from prior year?

I really wish they would have added some support for the other first founding loyalists. The same 4 gets pretty tiresome.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I really wish they would have added some support for the other first founding loyalists. The same 4 gets pretty tiresome.
    Yeah, you'd think if they are releasing the Space Marine codex, which has nothing to do with Space Wolves and Blood Angels, that they'd leave those two out of the picture and focus upon the chapters actually presented in the book. As for Dark Angles, giving them an upgrade kit is fine as they are getting their codex right after Space Marines. But Blood Angels and Space Wolves? Forget that they already have chapter-specific kits of their own...but they aren't even part of the Space Marines or Dark Angels codexes. But to each their own, I guess...

Anyways, when do y'all think rules rumors will start? I'm really interested in the changes they might or might not make...especially when it comes to points and the special detachments.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Koci View Post
    Regarding new codex - am I the only one, who thinks that it is absolutely stupid that chainsword is simple CCW which equals scout knife or pointy stick? It should have at least AP or any positive modifier.
    it does become a bit silly when a human priest with a chainsword becomes S6 and AP2, or a striking scorpion gets +1 strength from theirs, or sticking a little chainsword on a powerfist gives it armour bane, but a space marine's confers no benefits...
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

it does become a bit silly when a human priest with a chainsword becomes S6 and AP2, or a striking scorpion gets +1 strength from theirs, or sticking a little chainsword on a powerfist gives it armour bane, but a space marine's confers no benefits...
    And Ork choppas get nothing, despite being designed to peel armor apart, especially the ones that have wires and such are are powered up. Apparently when you hand an Ork a power weapon even, it loses its ability to cut through even a t-shirt.

Veteran-Sergeant

Always thought Chainswords should cost 5pts and give rending. Would make them something besides a nice aesthetic upgrade.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Can I then get stealers that ignore all armour (because they are meant to mince terminators)

Seriously guys, 40k is all RELATIVE, yes chainswords are super destructive and awesome. But your using them to hit things that are super TOUGH and awesome.

therefore in game terms it all evens roughly out. This talk of "not making sense" is a bit silly given that these things have made sense to the vast majority of players and games designers for over 20 years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Thats a fair point, but remember at GW prices FW is a perfectly acceptable alternative and they do cover most of the other main chapters these days (and a few of the more obscure ones)

Sure its not as nice as working with plastic, but the option is there for a little compromise

On another note, price depending the little upgrade sprues is AWESOME, I always thought that GW went the wrong way when they stopped with the upgrade pieces after DA and BT and went with separate kits, never seemed sensical to waste all that shelf space for what was mostly the same product.
    Now I have so many ways to grab the bits I want for conversions without having to fork out shed loads for more basic marine bodies. (Tzeentch, undead, spacewolves, looks like your finally up on the conversion list.)
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-28-2015 at 04:00 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast