BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Looks to Ork Buggies and Trakks, raises eyebrow....

But still, Marine Bikes are long overdue an overhaul.

As for these rumours, I don't think it would be new box art. GW tend to stick to a single colour scheme across a given range, to prevent confusion for non-hobbyists.

Believe me, it helps when a relative of a nerd comes in saying 'he wants some little blue robots for his birthday'. All vanilla Marine boxes feature Ultramarines on their front, narrowing it down in this case - though it is of course much, much easier if the kid is one of your regulars like. (though 'he collects Orcs/Orcs/Orks' remains a perennial pain in the bum, and much emphasis on retaining the receipt and that swaps must involve a still sealed product)

But point still stands - having different Chapters across different boxes just creates confusion as to which army they are for.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

changes i would make....
    sicarius, telion and chronus become generic characters. the smurfs get the lions share as is, and it would be nice to have some options if youre not inclined to play some mother frakking smurfs.
    white scars vangaurd get the option to buy their vangaurd on bikes. because thanks for your 500 years of service to the chapter, dear veterean, youre an amazing rider but here, take this jet pack isnt fluffy.
    raven gaurd would get the option to equip their sterngaurd with scout armor. or better yet...
    artificer scout armor. 3plus armor with shrouded. make it an option for characters as well... i have enough scouts to literally play a 10th company list. i want my hq choices to fit the theme. and it would be cool.
    caltrate, calgon, whatever his name is as a lord of war.
    pedro gets tweaked so hes useful despite what color you paint him. nobody really comes down hard on this, but still...
    dreads as monsterous creatures. nuff said.
    finally, id bring back the multiple levels of characters... anybody remember those?
    the marine dex atm is rather solid, middle of the road.

Chapter-Master

Well, with the Eldar codex being released so soon after the last one it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume this one might get replaced too.

I'm glad I only get the books for the backround though, I'm not sure how id feel about it if I was into the game side.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

I doubt we'll see any sweeping changes to this, just an update to 7th format with a few tweaks.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I'm glad I only get the books for the backround though, I'm not sure how id feel about it if I was into the game side.
    Given that the 7th edition Ork codex copied and pasted, word for word, a lot of the 4th edition Ork codex, I'm not sure you're getting much of a good deal buying them for background.

Though Orks might just be a special case. (It does seem everything about them screams "Play a REAL army! Buy Space Marines!")

Chapter-Master

They rarely make sweeping changes to SMs, despite many established units suffering similar problems to aspect warriors (too specialized, expensive, and simply not potent enough), but aspect warriors did just get a redo. Maybe it will be time for tactical terminators, assault marines, and devestators to shine.

Man, I wish Blood Angels could get predators in 1-3 unit squads. Would make playing with my baals so much easier.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by spagunk View Post
    Man, I wish Blood Angels could get predators in 1-3 unit squads. Would make playing with my baals so much easier.
    C'mon man... get some baals :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by spagunk View Post
    Maybe there'll be a FAQ for Blood Angels and Space Wolves noting relevant changes to them?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I doubt we'll see any sweeping changes to this, just an update to 7th format with a few tweaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    They rarely make sweeping changes to SMs, despite many established units suffering similar problems to aspect warriors (too specialized, expensive, and simply not potent enough), but aspect warriors did just get a redo. Maybe it will be time for tactical terminators, assault marines, and devestators to shine.
    I think the biggest changes will be organizational. For one thing, it will look a lot like Blood Angels with many units no longer having slotless access, i.e. Techmarines, Command Squads, etc. For another, I doubt we will see Bikes as Troops again, but to see it replaced with a large Formation ala the Eldar Warhosts or the Necron Reclamation Legion.

I see them getting at least two, maybe up to four, core Formations centered on Tacticals (Battle) and Bikes (Strike), and possibly Assault Marines and Scouts.

None of this affects the actual units' rules, per se, but it would definitely affect how people construct their Codex armies.

Though, I have to wonder if Bikes will lose Grav Gun access if they do not get a new kit...

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Maybe there'll be a FAQ for Blood Angels and Space Wolves noting relevant changes to them?
    I wouldn't bet on any FAQ changing Predators, etc, in other Marine codices to Squadrons. They usually update equipment (see Black Templar codex at the beginning of 5th Edition), but not organizational changes. It would be nice, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't expect it.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast