BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

/\ on the subject of genestealers, it would be cool if they did an upgrade frame similar to these space marine ones that have lots of ymrgl bits.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    /\ on the subject of genestealers, it would be cool if they did an upgrade frame similar to these space marine ones that have lots of ymrgl bits.
    It would, would also be cool to see GW take this concept all over the joint, like the Chaos Legions are just dying for something like this. Or even Eldar adn Orks for the craftworlds and clans, in theory it would let GW really expand the potential aesthetics of those armies with minimal outlay and shelf space being occupied.

But I dont think we'll see that, shame.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    It would, would also be cool to see GW take this concept all over the joint, like the Chaos Legions are just dying for something like this. Or even Eldar adn Orks for the craftworlds and clans, in theory it would let GW really expand the potential aesthetics of those armies with minimal outlay and shelf space being occupied.

But I dont think we'll see that, shame.
    Nah, I think the chaos legions deserve more specific kits - more like the grey knights PA one, upgrade sprues wouldn't be enough IMO. Would work for Eldar and ork clans though I agree. But yYeah, I don't think we'll see it either. Would like to be wrong though!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Well, Ork clans and Eldar craftworlds basically just differ in color scheme and what units they bring to battle, they don't do that much different in terms of decoration. I'd love more stuff for Orks, but I'd prefer something like the old vehicle mod pack (lots of vehicle bits) than a clan sprue. Give me more conversion pieces, let me paint my guys as I want, I'm a happy bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Well, Ork clans and Eldar craftworlds basically just differ in color scheme and what units they bring to battle, they don't do that much different in terms of decoration. I'd love more stuff for Orks, but I'd prefer something like the old vehicle mod pack (lots of vehicle bits) than a clan sprue. Give me more conversion pieces, let me paint my guys as I want, I'm a happy bugger.
    Marines are the most likely to use these kits, followed by CSM. But there are tons of options for other factions:

Tau- Farsight Cadre- 10 shoulder pads, couple variant heads for crisis suits/broadside/riptide, upgrade parts for a Cadre Fireblade (Farsight Enclave also would make an easy formation in a new Tau book)
    Nids- Genestealers- Ymgarl heads and bits
    Orks- Kommandoes- 5 heads and backpacks, plus a couple weapons and parts for a kommando nob
    Orks- Grot accessories- some ammo grots and grot riggers, a grot orderly, and an attack squig
    Eldar- 3 Shining Spear heads, torsoes, and lances, plus Exarch parts.
    IG- Veteran squad upgrades (10 carapace armor torsos, demo charge, camo cloak rolls, few new heads
    DE- Bloodbrides- different torso fronts and heads, alternate looking wych weapons
    DE- Trueborn- different torsos and heads, extra blaster, extra shredder
    Imperial Knights- alternate banner, tilt plate, 2-3 more face designs
    Daemons- Blessings of the Dark Gods- alternate heads, weapons, bits to go with the plastic chariot herald kits to represent the different wargear options they can take (one per god, and with the assumption that most blessings will become wargear and not randomized)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Thats a fair point, but remember at GW prices FW is a perfectly acceptable alternative and they do cover most of the other main chapters these days (and a few of the more obscure ones)

Sure its not as nice as working with plastic, but the option is there for a little compromise

On another note, price depending the little upgrade sprues is AWESOME, I always thought that GW went the wrong way when they stopped with the upgrade pieces after DA and BT and went with separate kits, never seemed sensical to waste all that shelf space for what was mostly the same product.
    Now I have so many ways to grab the bits I want for conversions without having to fork out shed loads for more basic marine bodies. (Tzeentch, undead, spacewolves, looks like your finally up on the conversion list.)
    Good call. I always forget how close the plastic is to resin prices now!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

New sprues are groovy.

But can't help feel the Space Woof one is a little redundant, seeing how much you can do with a couple of Grey Hunter Boxes, an Assault Squad and a Devastator Squad?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    Marines are the most likely to use these kits, followed by CSM. But there are tons of options for other factions:

Orks- Kommandoes- 5 heads and backpacks, plus a couple weapons and parts for a kommando nob
    Orks- Grot accessories- some ammo grots and grot riggers, a grot orderly, and an attack squig
    I'll stick with Orks because they're "my boyz"... Kommandos already have a box set, including a Nob, just like Tankbustas. That's likely all they'll get, because paying +4 points just for Infiltrate and Stealth isn't particularly useful for Orks, given that they still don't really have a save (6+ is laughable) outside of cover, and can't charge if they Infiltrate, so you're paying 10 points per model to get BS2 models closer to the enemy. I'm a Blood Axe guy, but modern Kommandos aren't worth GW throwing more money at. If they did go that route, I'd prefer they just make sprues for Kommandos and Tankbustas and throw together new plastic boxes that include the Boyz sprues and those sprues.

Grot accessories would be nice, but they aren't the same style of upgrade pack as Space Marine chapter bits. They're like vehicle accessories: Useful for any Ork army, not one specific clan. So yeah, I could see them being useful, but it doesn't really disprove the point that clan accessories are moot with Orks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    New sprues are groovy.

But can't help feel the Space Woof one is a little redundant, seeing how much you can do with a couple of Grey Hunter Boxes, an Assault Squad and a Devastator Squad?
    Well, heck, they already have their own specialized Assault Squad and Devastator Squad boxes with Space Wolf bits. So it's even more redundant. Maybe Bikers? Vehicle crew and characters?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Deathwing and Ravenwing armies are a long standing staple of the Dark Angels, that isn't going to change.
    True, but they won't be troops any more. You'll have to use formations, which will remove your ability to choose how many squads to play. You'll have to play 'X' character and 3+ DW squads or some such. I often play only 1 squad of termies these days. I only own 2 bike squads and 1 knight bike squad. It's conceivable I won't even be able to play them any more as I am not buying more. People are right to be worried.
    40K pronunciation guide: Abaddon = [uh - BAD - done], Belial = [bee - LEEL] (I promise), and Chimera = [KY - murr - uh].

Chapter-Master

I doubt that people need to worry too much.

ravenwing and deathwing both just have too many unit options to be turned into restrictive formations. if they do become formations (that bit is entirely possible) they will be very open, like the khorne daemonkin one is.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 05-30-2015 at 01:19 PM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast