BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

drop pods with the missile upgrades? maybe a little bit yeah, but still, it will be a big point game, and those weapons are short ranged
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    vanilla terminators are coming down in cost apparently, I bet the deathwing will too. and we know the dark angels will get new formations, because everyone has done. for all you know the deathwing formation will be far better than the vanilla marine one. at which point your better terminators, with more units and more options, and a better formation, will be sitting pretty.
    you have no actual knowledge of what the new books will be like.
    But you have. Like... when you insisted that Codex: Craftworld Eldar will just be a supplement because they are never ever going to invalidate such a fresh codex.

For all we know they could easily get the Daemonkin or DE treatment.
    "Oh look all your vehicles can now deepstrike.
    "That is a major buff! They could do that before with an upgrade and they just auto-included it and raised the costs. Also weapons got more expensive"
    "Oh wow you are so negative.."

For all we know they can just get rid of deathwing assault and add it back in as a formation benefit.

Chapter-Master

actually I never 'insisted' any such thing, I suggested it was a possibility and to wait and see.

my exact words were "everybody seems to be assuming this will replace the current book, but it might not. Don't forget the last craftworld book was supplementary to the main codex. "

it is almost as though you are deliberately lying. But I am sure you aren't that stupid.

I am not sure what the rest of that fictional conversation is supposed to be about.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 06-09-2015 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I don't know. I don't really follow tournaments, as I'm much too obsessed with just having some fun.
    You might not realize this, but there are a lot of people who have fun playing in tournaments. Being a tournament player doesn't mean you're not interested in fun, it just means you have a different idea of what's fun.

- - - Updated - - -

vanilla terminators are coming down in cost apparently
    Still not happy about that. Terminators keep dropping in price, but my MegaNobz are sitting on a hefty price, and will die sickeningly fast to AP2. Yeah, sure, it helps my Marine army, and it means Terminators might see the table more often again without having TH/SS on every models, but it does a good job of reminding me how they've already wrecked the balance between armies within a year of the new edition's release.

I think half of my depression comes from being an Ork player... (Having a lack of AP2 outside of combat, where the army lacks any inv. save, isn't helping.)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post

I think half of my depression comes from being an Ork player... (Having a lack of AP2 outside of combat, where the army lacks any inv. save, isn't helping.)
    Man, if you get depressed over plastic toy soldiers then its stopped being a hobby by definition.

You need to find a way for it to allow you the escapism from modern society that provides plethora ways of depressing someone.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Veteran-Sergeant

Aaaaand, people still aren't getting my point.

*sigh*

I don't. Care. About. Power. Level.

I care about our unique mechanics (such as turn one, alpha striking termie armies, which, by the way, Vanillas did not have access to unless you went unbound which bloody nobody does) being ported over to the boring marines. I'd happily take a nerf bat and have 50pt Terminators if it meant retaining our unique gameplay mechanics. Unless Dark Angels are totally re-worked in the way they operate, our mainstay game mechanics that made us a unique proposition have now been made widely available. This is not speculation, this is what we know to be true.

So we still have a few unique units. Woop-de-frigging-doo. Doesn't change the fact that the underlying unique mechanics of playing DA have now become homogenised. If I wanted to play Vanillas, I'd play Vanillas. I want to play Dark Angels with unique abilities and gameplay options.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    Aaaaand, people still aren't getting my point.
    So we still have a few unique units. Woop-de-frigging-doo. Doesn't change the fact that the underlying unique mechanics of playing DA have now become homogenised. If I wanted to play Vanillas, I'd play Vanillas. I want to play Dark Angels with unique abilities and gameplay options.
    I think its premature to conclude that DA have lost their unique flavor before its new book is released or we even have rumors about what will be in it.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

exactly. If you are worried that imperial fist space marine armies are going to be too similar too dark angels space marine armies because they both have terminators and bikes then maybe marines aren't for you. every chapter has bikes and terminators, those in themselves have never been unique. Dark Angels have more terminators and more bikes and pilots fluff wise, which is why they get more varieties of terminators, and more bikes and land speeders. there is nothing changing about what makes the dark angels unique.

First pics of the chapter tactics and combat doctrines: [url]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308934-new-codex-space-marines-news-rumors/?p=4078734[/url]

More to come later...

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2015/06/dos-imagenes-mas-filtradas-del-codex.html"]Descanso del Escriba[/URL] 6-9-2015

Chapter Tactics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed-105.jpg 
Views:	3337 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	14501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed-106.jpg 
Views:	2956 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	14502
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast