BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    I see the company champion but I must be overlooking the Honor Guard.
    They're mentioned in some of the words.

You know those things you buy playboy for? :P

-edit- apparently my source is looking at a Horus Heresy ruleset.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 05-26-2015 at 11:12 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    what this about pointed political commentary

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    They're mentioned in some of the words.

-edit- apparently my source is looking at a Horus Heresy ruleset.
    Reading is hard.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Battle-Brother

My only major hope for this release is that the three special detachments are not chapter specific. I'm hoping they get a detachment with 6 FA choices, as I want to do Drop Pod Skitarii with Iron Hands (because I want to play cheese with a side of fluff, or is it the other way around?), not Flesh Tearers (or Raven Guard, if such detachment happens to be the rumored Raven Guard detachment). I mean, we pretty much know we are getting the transports in Fast Attack, a la Blood Angles and Space Wolves.

Otherwise, I could care less about any of the re-sculpts, or much else for that matter. Only other thing I would like is a plastic Iron Hands upgrade sprue, at a reasonable price.. The current one is almost half the cost of the Tactical Marine squad, and is in Finecast; not exactly my cup of tea. :P

Fly Lord

via Warseer's [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?409276-Space-Marines-Codex-Rumours-MKII&p=7454893&viewfull=1#post7454893"]Darnok[/URL] 5-26-2015

I've been told there would be two more upgrade sets, so UM and DA are only the first half of that. Devastators will be the second kit after Assault Marines. Add a few clampack characters, and that's the SM release. DA will only get a codex and a character (plus this upgrade frame). I don't know whether the older DA upgrade sprue will remain in production - I hope so.
    via B&C's [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305237-rumours-space-marines-codex-assault-marines-devastators/page-47#entry4059061"]Timotheus[/URL] 5-26-2015

That matches with what my local redshirt told me today. I asked whether there will be more upgrade kits apart from the Big 4 and he said he doesn't think so.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter Paint View Post
    As if those bits didnt exist yet....

Why not give us Ravenguard, Imperial Fist plastics, or some white scar bits!
    As if those bits don't exist yet lol. No ok Raven Guard and White Scars don't have upgrade packs. You have to assume the chapters that have been done are the ones that sold well in resin.

It not great when everyone else gets the love, but then I collect sisters. and I'm convinced the Machanicus were the assumed "new sisters".
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Time to get a colour scheme I am happy with for my Sons of Proteus. It's only taken 6 years and 3 changes so far...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

I'm thinking that the new factions sprues are going to be a precursor to other sprues for sub-factions. However it all hinges upon how well these work out. I'm thinking they intend to do 4 sub-factions in a sprue which are clipped off and put into their own clam-pack.

Would be great for them to do this for other armies with sub-factions like Eldar, Chaos or Orks. Would also be a great way to beef up sub-factions for other armies like Dark Eldar, Necrons and others which may not necessarily have their own "official" sub-faction right now.

The four upgrade packs are UM, DA, BA, SW. Basically enough bits to convert a squad and a character. BA and SW seem kind of odd, SW moreso than BA (since they only did BA-specific Tactical Squad and Terminator Assault Squad). Even as a SW player, I'm kind of annoyed they did SW rather than one of the other chapters, though I know they're part of the "big four."

Seems they'll be in stores for a short time, then switch to web-only. Or maybe just web/FLGS-only, but probably web-only. Basically, they're just not going to eat up shelf space with them after the initial run.

And I'm happy to see the Assault Squad still has special weapons, given that the box cover shows a guy with a plasma pistol and a guy with a flamer. But it's supposed to also have a grav-pistol... I want to see what that looks like and how useful that is.

By 'supposed' you mean 'rumoured'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast