BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    By 'supposed' you mean 'rumoured'
    No, I mean the product description said that:

"The kit contains dozens of weapon options (many new such as grav pistol etc.) and allows customers to make Assault Marines with or without jump packs."

You can guess where that might have come from, but I'm not saying much more than that, because we don't need GW stomping nice people who let us learn things a few days early.

Should've said. All we've seen so far are rumours.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://citadelofpaint.blogspot.com/2015/05/new-space-marines-assault-marines-and.html#more"]Citadel of Paint[/URL] 5-27-2015
    Space Marine Chapter Upgrade Sprues & Decal Sheets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angels transfers.jpeg 
Views:	4567 
Size:	344.2 KB 
ID:	14300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	assault squad 2.jpeg 
Views:	4424 
Size:	327.2 KB 
ID:	14301Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blood angels sprue.jpeg 
Views:	5044 
Size:	320.9 KB 
ID:	14302Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cover70.jpeg 
Views:	5010 
Size:	262.0 KB 
ID:	14303Click image for larger version. 

Name:	darkangels sprue.jpeg 
Views:	5389 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	14304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	releases.jpeg 
Views:	4499 
Size:	323.1 KB 
ID:	14305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ultra sprue.jpeg 
Views:	4750 
Size:	300.1 KB 
ID:	14306Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ultra transfers.jpeg 
Views:	3819 
Size:	310.9 KB 
ID:	14307Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wolves sprue.jpeg 
Views:	9728 
Size:	276.3 KB 
ID:	14308
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

always good to see more plastic options for upgrades, conversions and the like, but I do find it an odd choice of chapters. only one of them is actually in codex space marines, dark angels rumoured to be out in the next month, why not release codex chapters now, and dark angels with the dark angels book? why not blood angels and space wolves separate? lots of people would like to see iron hands, white scars, raven guard, imperial fists, and salamanders.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I wonder what is the purpose of Corax White when Skull White exists?

Chapter-Master

replacing skull white, better depth and flavour, adds a hint of cinnamon on the tongue. notes of winter and shadowy death.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Gosh, I hope it's not a replacement; it's described as an undercoat, not a primer

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    always good to see more plastic options for upgrades, conversions and the like, but I do find it an odd choice of chapters. only one of them is actually in codex space marines, dark angels rumoured to be out in the next month, why not release codex chapters now, and dark angels with the dark angels book? why not blood angels and space wolves separate? lots of people would like to see iron hands, white scars, raven guard, imperial fists, and salamanders.
    Yeah, I agree - the sprues are really nice but i find the choice a bit difficult to understand with a few of those. I'd genuinely like to know why they went with the SW and BA ones as they seem well accounted for with their own tactical squad kits. Hopefully they'll do those other popular chapters too though, and it would be cool to see some more obscure ones later down the line.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Yeah, I agree - the sprues are really nice but i find the choice a bit difficult to understand with a few of those. I'd genuinely like to know why they went with the SW and BA ones as they seem well accounted for with their own tactical squad kits. Hopefully they'll do those other popular chapters too though, and it would be cool to see some more obscure ones later down the line.
    I would have loved them to make Iron Hands, Raven Guard, and Imperial Fists upgrade sprues. but looking at the parts, I can see some of the reasoning- Space Wolf sprue has a head, frostblade and the proper shoulders to make a great Ragnar in plastic, letting them retire the old model. The grail and heads on the BA sprue let you do Corbulo. The sprues seem designed to replace the old shoulder pad kits, and also include some parts to replicate special characters or finecast models (with the UM upgrade sprue, you can imitate Calgars Honor Guard to a degree)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    I would have loved them to make Iron Hands, Raven Guard, and Imperial Fists upgrade sprues. but looking at the parts, I can see some of the reasoning- Space Wolf sprue has a head, frostblade and the proper shoulders to make a great Ragnar in plastic, letting them retire the old model. The grail and heads on the BA sprue let you do Corbulo. The sprues seem designed to replace the old shoulder pad kits, and also include some parts to replicate special characters or finecast models (with the UM upgrade sprue, you can imitate Calgars Honor Guard to a degree)
    Ah, that is some good reasoning - that might very well be why! i appreciate the well thought out response to this query.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast