Chapter-Master

via Games Workshop 6-13-2015

Space Marine Librarian in Terminator Armor
    Attachment 14583Attachment 14584

Space Marine Skyhammer Annihilation Force
    Attachment 14585Attachment 14586

Sons of Ultramar Painting Guide
    Attachment 14587
    via Games Workshop 6-13-2015, made readable by [URL="http://elite40k.blogspot.com/2015/06/analysis-skyhammer-annihilation-force.html"]Elite 40,000[/URL]
    Skyhammer Annihilation Force Rules:
    Shock Deployment: All units in a Skyhammer Annihilation Force start the game in Deep Strike Reserve. Instead of using the normal deployment and reserve rules for these units, you can, during deployment, choose whether this Formation will arrive during your first or second turn. The entire Skyhammer Annihilation Force automatically arrives on the turn you choose—no Reserve Rolls are required. Ignore this Formation's Drop Pods for the purposes of the Drop Pod Assault special rule.
    First the Fire, then the Blade: On the turn they arrive from Deep Strike Reserve, the Devastator Squads in a Skyhammer Annihilation Force have the Relentless special rule and the Assault Squads can charge even though they arrived from Reserves that turn.
    Suppressing Fusillade: A unit targeted by a Skyhammer Annihilation Force's Devastator Squad in the Shooting phase must take a Morale test at the end of the phase on 3D6, regardless of how many casualties were inflicted. If the test is failed, the enemy unit does not Fall Back, but must immediately Go to Ground. If the test is passed, the enemy unit is unable to fire Overwatch for the rest of the turn.
    Leave No Survivors: Assault Squads in a Skyhammer Annihilation Force can use their Jump Packs in both the Movement phase and the Assault phase. If an Assault Squad from a Skyhammer Annihilation Force charges a unit that has Gone to Ground as a result of the Suppressing Fusillade special rule, that Assault Squad can reroll failed To Hit and To Wound rolls in the ensuring Assault phase.
    ------Original Post-----------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Deathwing and Ravenwing armies are a long standing staple of the Dark Angels, that isn't going to change.
    So were assault marines as troops for BA.. and Wraithguard as troops for Eldar (in some fashion)
    Last edited by AdamHarry; 06-13-2015 at 08:52 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Deathwing and Ravenwing armies are a long standing staple of the Dark Angels, that isn't going to change.
    Honestly with the current design philosophy there's no real reason for them to stay troops. I would expect some type of formation this time around.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Oh, I have no doubt we'll get Detachments and / or Formations to let you do a Deathwing and / or Ravenwing army without any power-armoured Infantry.

I just have this nagging feeling it'll be entirely lacklustre. So utterly dull that we look at the Archangels formations with a pitiable whine and just go paint something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Honestly with the current design philosophy there's no real reason for them to stay troops. I would expect some type of formation this time around.
    I've been working on a fandex to try to solve some of these issues. First playtest was a little disappointing, as my opponent was spamming Burning Chariots and got the first turn, but I'll try against some net lists to see if I can find a sweet spot.

Librarian

My hopes are that that if we see the heavy tanks in sqaudrons that some of the current/older Apoc traits will come in, IE the combined fire Big Big blast with D over the little hole for vindiactors and the "Killshot" D-hits for the predators.

Excited for the possibility of these new weird variants which I will of course have to build out of RT bits as is my longstanding tradition

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    So were assault marines as troops for BA.. and Wraithguard as troops for Eldar (in some fashion)
    you can still take wraithguard as troops, that is what the Iyanden book is for.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

The Iyanden book doesn't let you take Wraithguard as Troops; that was a function of the Spiritseer in the 6th Edition codex, so it didn't need to.

Chapter-Master

fair enough. ravenwing and deathwing armies still aren't going anywhere though.

Fly Lord

via Steve the Warboss 5-4-2015

Chapter-specific Boxed Sets coming alongside new Space Marine Codex:

-Ultramarines Sternguard Squad
    -Raven Guard Assault Squad
    -White Scars Bike Squad
    -Salamanders Devastator Squad
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

If I'm right in thinking, Steve the Warboss doesn't have a very good hit ratio?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

warbosses never do...

*drumroll*

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast