BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

mmmm pretty
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

*fingers crossed for more Raven Guard*

\varucasaltvoice

But I want it NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Which is why those of us who visit WW periodically might be willing to grab them for you at cost + actual P&P.
    Doesn't really help. Sure, someone might be able to rely on a person being friendly who can pick one up and send it... but then it's still extra cost and a lot of inconvenience for the person overseas, just for not living in the right location.

As long as they don't have rules in-game, we're fine. But knowing the new M.O., they'll have in-game rules, so people can have a gaming advantage for living in the right place, which will help GW sell their stock quicker (and at that point, the secondary market doesn't matter... as long as they can tell investors, "Look, we sold our whole stock of this kit!", which often sounds more amazing than the reality of "We sold 200 kits to scalpers who know they can charge an arm and a leg on eBay!").

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Doesn't really help. Sure, someone might be able to rely on a person being friendly who can pick one up and send it... but then it's still extra cost and a lot of inconvenience for the person overseas, just for not living in the right location.

As long as they don't have rules in-game, we're fine. But knowing the new M.O., they'll have in-game rules, so people can have a gaming advantage for living in the right place, which will help GW sell their stock quicker (and at that point, the secondary market doesn't matter... as long as they can tell investors, "Look, we sold our whole stock of this kit!", which often sounds more amazing than the reality of "We sold 200 kits to scalpers who know they can charge an arm and a leg on eBay!").
    Investors don't care about the sales of a single kit. And the sales of an event exclusive are probably 0.00000001% of total revenue.

If the rules are that awesome, kit bash your own. I mean, we're just talking a different weapon, right?

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Investors don't care about the sales of a single kit. And the sales of an event exclusive are probably 0.00000001% of total revenue.
    It's not so much about the amount of money from it, it's being able to say, "Look, we made something that's in such demand it flew off the shelves! We're hot stuff!" The End Times were doing good for that right up to the third book. Limited edition stuff is great for that. They might be able to make more in the long term, but it looks better to make a run and sell it fast because it's "popular" than to make a lot of stuff that sits on shelves for a while because people know they can pick it up later and don't have to rush to buy it.

Also, if the sales of an event exclusive total about half a pound, then something's going wrong with the pricing. (I'm pretty sure you're overestimating GW's revenues, which fell last year, by quite a wide margin.)
    Last edited by Erik Setzer; 05-15-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Well its not exactly an event exclusive. The tanks will be available year round, but only purchasable at the Warhammer World store. the exclusive part is just that the Grand opening will be the first chance for those lucky enough to have tickets to buy them.

"These exclusives and the Space Marine command tanks will only be available to purchase here at the Warhammer World Store. For the lucky ticket holders, the Grand opening this weekend will be your first opportunity to take these exclusives home. If you are not a ticket holder, have no fear, Monday 18th May will be your first opportunity to grab these exclusives, as we will be selling them all year round."
    na na na na na... wut?

I are predict!

These WHW world models shall be available in GW stores as a destination item within one month of the WHW Grand Opening.

Ohmmmm,.......ohmmmmmm....I r channels inner savant...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    It's not so much about the amount of money from it, it's being able to say, "Look, we made something that's in such demand it flew off the shelves! We're hot stuff!" The End Times were doing good for that right up to the third book. Limited edition stuff is great for that. They might be able to make more in the long term, but it looks better to make a run and sell it fast because it's "popular" than to make a lot of stuff that sits on shelves for a while because people know they can pick it up later and don't have to rush to buy it.

Also, if the sales of an event exclusive total about half a pound, then something's going wrong with the pricing. (I'm pretty sure you're overestimating GW's revenues, which fell last year, by quite a wide margin.)
    What, the randomly selected number of zeroes wasn't accurate? Shocking.

My point is, which [url=http://investor.games-workshop.com/]Investor Report[/url] do they ever talk about the sales of an exclusive or limited item? I certainly don't see it in the annual or semi-annual reports.

Chapter-Master

I doubt a month, however I do think they will be available with the next marine codex
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast