BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Imperial Knights CODEX?

Forgive me but I'm a tad confused by the "new" IK CODEX coming out. Is it replacing the one that came out last year or supplementing it with the new IK figures. If you have one of the original IK models will the old CODEX still be usable?

Replacing it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Replacing it.
    AND supplementing it. You get both, so yaaaaay...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcloud6 View Post
    If you have one of the original IK models will the old CODEX still be usable?
    If you want to use it with the "stock settings" (without the option for a top weapon), and are just using it as part of another force, I think most people would be okay with it. I doubt the points changed.

If you want a Knights army, or the ability to toss something on the top, you should definitely get the new codex.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    If you want to use it with the "stock settings" (without the option for a top weapon), and are just using it as part of another force, I think most people would be okay with it. I doubt the points changed.

If you want a Knights army, or the ability to toss something on the top, you should definitely get the new codex.
    That is precisely what I want to do with my one Knight; use it as an Allied detachment to a Primary Army. So if those starts/points have not changed, then the "old" CODEX should still be good, eh?

That is precisely what I want to do with my one Knight; use it as an Allied detachment to a Primary Army. So if those starts/points have not changed, then the "old" CODEX should still be good, eh?
    Should be fine. I imagine they'll officially change Knight Detachments to being 1-3. It's probably worth making sure you know how they fit into other armies. The errata did make that change to the detachments, but there might be something about Imperial armies using Knights as a Lord of War, or something.

It's hard to really know for sure without the codex in-hand.

Banned

With the exception that it would be an "allied" detachment, maybe. Expect it the base detachment to be refined to match the current FAQ'd model or to be moved around so that there is an HQ version already included and it will be set up ala the AM/IG Tank Commander. New Formations may also be made available for the Knights and may include more than just Knights.