BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

btw it also said treat like a shooting attack not as a shooting attack those two words can change the context of a action

the word Like : Like a shooting attack is implying it follows the same ruling but is not quite basically supplementing it so they don't have to copy and paste the word but rather just redirect you to a rule that currently exists.

the word As a : As a shooting attack would imply it is a shooting attack and it is to follow all the rules of shooting in the rule section but this would be contradicting to the current guidelines of how nova's work stated in the rulebook.
    Last edited by Xaric; 05-09-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Your logic? all I see is childish criticism with zero evidence of what you say... at least the wall of text I provide has evidence that nova's do not follow the witchfire parts rules but rather its own set of guidelines but sure if you wish to play the game your own way be my guest
    Not evidence, just randomly bolded snippets of "logic" and claims that anyone who disagrees with you is childish. And while you at least kind of vaguely mention the rules, you only mention sections taken out of context in order to support your argument while never actually quoting anything,
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

vaguely mentioning the rules? okay you clearly a funny little boy/girl vaguely means partly what I put as the subject matter was about nova's and pretty much what I put in the subject matter was the section of the rules from the rule book to back my claim clearly you don't know what vague even means...

I bolded it because it clearly was intended to try and help you with key wording in the subject matter but clearly that does not get past your stubborn attitude that apparently if someone opposes your logic you must throw childish remarks as before. If you want to input some critical evidence regarding why I am wrong please apply the following.

The page and document and context of the restrictions that is against what I say if not then you come off no more then a ignoramus with no evidence to back your claim to why I am wrong.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Chaplain

No matter how much inane verbal tap-dancing you do, you just can't get around this simple, clear rule:

Witchfire: Witchfire powers are shooting attacks...Just like when shooting a weapon, a Psyker must be able to see the target unit (or target point) and cannot be locked in combat if he wishes to manifest a witchfire power.

There are several different sub-types of witchfire, each applying slightly different target restrictions...If it has one of the following subtypes, use the rules for that sub-type.

Nova
    Last edited by Captain Bubonicus; 05-09-2015 at 01:59 PM.

Chapter-Master

BRB, page 27:

Witchfire
    Witchfire powers are shooting attacks. Indeed, they are often referred to as psychic shooting attacks, and many have profiles imilar to ranged weapons. Just like when shooting a weapon, a Psyker must be able to see the target unit (or a target point) and cannot be locked in combat if he wishes to manifest a witchfire power.
    The general witchfire rules restrict you from casting them in combat.

Nova
    A nova power automatically targets and hits all enemy units... Otherwise, a nova is treated list a shooting attack...
    The nova rules contain a comprehensive list in the ways in which a nova power differs from general witchfires. Mainly, you automatically hit everything in range, even if the target is outside of LOS and whatnot. There is absolutely nothing to lift the general restriction on not being able to use the witchfire while the user is locked in close combat. There is absolutely nothing in the nova power rules that gives you permission to cast the power while locked in combat, and there are several restrictions stating that you cannot do so. The rules on this are crystal clear. You cannot cast novas out of combat.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Oh god, is this going to turn into another argument where one person tries to debate the meaning of the word 'like' against all logic and reason?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

probably
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12