BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Dont Hate me! (First new Eldar List)

...no seriously, i know im taking the Bikes but look, theres no Wraithknight

Finally got my book so heres what ive come up with!

Combined Arms Formation
    Autarch - Reaper Launcher, Warp Jump Generator - 105

Wind Riders x4 - Shuriken Cannons - 108

Wraithguard x5 - D-Scythes, Wave Serpent + Lance - 325
    Wraithguard x5 - D-Scythes, Wave Serpent + Lance - 325

Aspect Host Formation
    Warpspiders x10 - Exarch - 210
    Swooping Hawks x6 - Exarch - 106
    Dark Reapers x6 - Exarch - 165

Crimson Death Formation
    Crimson Hunter x3 - Exarch - 440

Total = 2000

Im not sure how the Autarchs presence will effect the Spiders when it comes to Flickerjumping but id like to think this is a capable list. Its fast, Good against cover, decent amount of Armor removal and shouldnt be too bothered about heavy armor units either. The only Static unit (Reapers) has all the range it needs and is there to deal with the Mirror match as it erases WindRiders like they were never there.

Probably a little squishier than im used to but all things ill have to learn i suppose.

Also can someone who understands these formations confirm for me. The way i understand it, i will get the Formation Rules from Crimson Death and Aspect Host, but i wont gain the Unmatched Agility Rule because, although its a Battleforged army, it doesnt have a Core Eldar Formation.

*Edit*

I was toying with a second option that i wanna run past people too. As i mentioned the Reapers are there as a Counter to the rise of the Bikes but for a while i was considering...

Autarch - Skyrunner, Laser Lance, Banshee Mask - 100
    Shining Spears x6 - Exarch, Star Lance - 170

Points wise they are a direct swap out for the current Exarch and the Reapers and make for a great unit to take out things like WraithScythes etc.
    Last edited by Sonikgav; 05-09-2015 at 03:15 PM.

After some consideration i do have one question to pose in regards to the above list.

If i drop one of the Wraithguard to Standard D-Cannons I can:-
    A. Gain the ability to use the full D-Table unlike the Scythes, which let me Hail mary against things like Gargantuans
    B. Afford to put the S8 Missiles on the Reapers to make them more of a threat to Armor/MEQ

Of course on the downside:-
    A. Wraiths then only get 5 shots relying on Hitting rather than that Template 'accuracy'
    B. Less effective on overwatch so easier to just charge and neuter
    B. Reapers become a more expensive target for their model count

Opinions? It basically comes down to which will be more effective. 5 Wraith Scythes or 7 BS5 Starshot Missile shots instead of their normal 13 S5 shots.

Brother-Sergeant

I will only not hate you, if you have played Eldar for many years lol.

Ive played Tau since the dark days of 4th. Now im loving the haters.

I like the list tho mate.

What special rules do the formations give you??
    Tau'va