BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Building an Autarch

Considering the fact they want to push the Autarch as Master of multiple paths, it seems very odd to me that GW make it very difficult to actually equip an Autarch with more than (i assume) randomly chosen loadout. Last release was the Biker, this time its the Hawk Wings.

Im trying to build an Autarch with Jump Generator and Reaper Launcher but i have a distinct feeling getting either of those pieces is going to be a pain. I havent seen inside the boxes but i know they're resin and i assume they're cast to the Model? I want this guy to look like an Autarch, not a Dark Reaper with a Warp Spider Backpack.

Not to start another 'Why arent there plastic Aspect Warriors' rant but can anyone give me any ideas?

Warp Spiders are single-piece; getting the backpack off is going to be a nightmare and a half.

Dark Reapers are marginally less nightmarish; the launcher is separate, but you'll need to get clever with the arms.

Hmm, there is the old Autarch model that GW still seem to have on their site but it seems very static

It says its in 6 parts but every image ive found of it online is in the exact same pose with the exact same gear so. It may be that its just a recast of one of the old metal models that had all the parts that needed to line up to fit correctly. Still, might be my best bet.
    Last edited by Sonikgav; 05-09-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Oh, I had assumed that one was discontinued when the plastic one came out. Yes, its backpack is a separate part, although I regret to report it's not in as many separate pieces as you think: the head, torso, legs and scenery are all one bit. The two unaccounted-for parts are options not shown in the picture: a right arm with shuriken pistol and a backpack with banners.

And yes, it's a recast of the metal model of same.
    Last edited by Houghten; 05-09-2015 at 04:24 PM.

In that case thats perfectly fine.

I think ill get the New Plastic one, buy one of these purely for the backpack and then a spare Launcher from the 2 Boxes of Reapers im planning on getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    Considering the fact they want to push the Autarch as Master of multiple paths, it seems very odd to me that GW make it very difficult to actually equip an Autarch with more than (i assume) randomly chosen loadout. Last release was the Biker, this time its the Hawk Wings.

Im trying to build an Autarch with Jump Generator and Reaper Launcher but i have a distinct feeling getting either of those pieces is going to be a pain. I havent seen inside the boxes but i know they're resin and i assume they're cast to the Model? I want this guy to look like an Autarch, not a Dark Reaper with a Warp Spider Backpack.

Not to start another 'Why arent there plastic Aspect Warriors' rant but can anyone give me any ideas?
    Yeah, the 'Single pose, single loadout' plastic clampacks are a really poor choice for any unit with variable options tbh. The Farseer lacks a Witchblade option, and the new Autarch lets you build one specific loadout. I guess the days of the space marine commander box are over sadly.

Librarian

I know it may seem expensive, but if like me you bought the autarchs when thwy came out to cover all bases, you get all options, wings, fusion gun, reaper, jump pack, scorpon sword.

Id say grab the scorpion helm autarch, and use him with plastic body. That way you get the failcast jump pack (so its light and wont fall over..... Unlike metal one) and the reaper launcher. Then you can use plastic body with scorpion helm... Or clip blasters off for no upgrade.

Veteran-Sergeant

Forgeworld do a missile launcher as part of a Corsair upgrade pack, it isn't a million miles from how the Dark Reapers missile launchers look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corsairhw1.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	14001

[URL="http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Eldar/ELDAR-CORSAIR-HEAVY-WEAPONS.html"]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Eldar/ELDAR-CORSAIR-HEAVY-WEAPONS.html[/URL]

If it was me and I wasn't using Corsairs I probably use one of the backpacks on the Autarch as well, either as is or you at least have a nifty looking base for your jump generator.

Hmm... i actually like the look of those. Not sure about the Banners but those would essentially give me any options i wanted when it came to the Autarch.

Might pick these up and see if i can add the weapons to the new Plastic Autarch. The Backpack (probably without the 'wings') could make a decent 'Autarch Special' Jump Generator too.

Librarian

The autarch missile is spot on though, worth buying for the part if you intend on using it..... Thinking about it though it may have been on the wing autarch......

Also those aint banners. They are pre swooping hawk wings, taken straight from the rogue trader book art.
    Last edited by Cpt Codpiece; 05-10-2015 at 11:21 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast