BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah i figured that but on an Autarch that isnt using Wings.... Banners

Yeah ill probably look to get those at some point. Got alot of this list to collect and whatever makes it easier. This would be far better than trying to convert my own launcher.

Librarian

Are you uk based? Ill see if i have a spare launcher from my massed autarchs i have every one in metal (limited, scorpion helm, feathers banshee head and yriel) if i have 2 ill hit you up

Nah its cool. Ill sort something out. I dont know when im going to get around to actually building this lol

i find that with a bit of bodging vehicle weapons [plenty spare with eldar vehicles] can be turned into infantry weapons by 'adding' the bit you need to a modified shuricat off a guardian or DA - plenty of them as well !

my kitbashed maugan ra carries a slightly shortened shuricat - the same ones i mount onto gjb when required

and my 'heavy' reaper exarches all have a 'proper' EML head on their weapons [except tempest launchers - i use some bits off a wave serpent to give them a dual barrel]

at the end of the day as longf as its visual and the oppo knows what it is !

Chaplain

Do you not have a Dark Reaper set? The exarch in that comes with three weapons choices, one of which is the Reaper Launcher. It is the least likely choice you would give your DR Exarch given the missile launcher and Tempest Launcher options. If the current set remains resin it would make it lightweight also. If you have not bought a reaper set maybe now is the time, you get a squad of reapers which are good value in the latest Dex, you get a bit for your autarch and additions to your bitz box. As the lads above advised, you can also order the Autarch with the fusion gun, the kit comes with the scorpion warp generator which is sleek enough to look like a back pack if you didn't want it in a game.

Brother-Captain

The Warp Spider Exarch's warp jump generator is separate to allow the dual deathspinners to be inserted. You could use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gargoyle View Post
    The exarch in that comes with three weapons choices, one of which is the Reaper Launcher. It is the least likely choice you would give your DR Exarch given the missile launcher and Tempest Launcher options.
    I wouldn't say that at all, honestly I'd probably never buy the other options when I could just take the Starshot option on the Reaper Launcher anyway. No need to pay for the EML for a non-AP3 blast and one shot Skyfire option that I'll never use since the rest of the squad is geared for shooting non-flying vehicles and power armor. I used to take the Tempest Launcher back in the 4th ed codex, but now that the squad serves a dual purpose of marine killing and anti-armor, I'd rather not spend so many points to limit my options.

I can confirm the 2 resin autarch packs come with everything you need.( i have a banshee mask autarch with warp jump generator and fusion gun)
    the banshee mask swooping hawk wing one comes with a reaper laucher for one hand. and the mandiblaster one has the generator.
    the parts are completely interchangeable, it seems gw wanted you to mix them up.
    they also both come with flag back options and shuriken pistols.
    really cool kits I'm glad they are still available

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    I wouldn't say that at all, honestly I'd probably never buy the other options when I could just take the Starshot option on the Reaper Launcher anyway. No need to pay for the EML for a non-AP3 blast and one shot Skyfire option that I'll never use since the rest of the squad is geared for shooting non-flying vehicles and power armor. I used to take the Tempest Launcher back in the 4th ed codex, but now that the squad serves a dual purpose of marine killing and anti-armor, I'd rather not spend so many points to limit my options.
    Yeah id agree. I wasnt even interested in either of the Exarch options. The only reason you would take the EML is because you want to get Skyfire and if you do youre wasting the rest of your squad. Tempest is ok but the rest of your army should be able to do anti-infantry far better.

As it turns out i was mistaken about a couple of Rules so i think my 'Dilemma' is now simpler as im gonna be running a Bike with a Reaper Launcher (Just slap on a Missile Launcher somewhere) but by all means if you have tips/tricks for using/equipping/converting an Autarch.

For what its worth i sat down and worked out what i think are the better, and relatively cheap options for an Autarch. You can add extras and make them more expensive but i feel these are the minimal combos to make an effective Leader.
    ...and yes i gave them silly names.

WindReaper - Bike, Reaper Launcher - 110
    Added Toughness and AP3 Weaponry with the Jetbike benefits
    Warp Reaper - Warp Generator, Reaper Launcher - 105
    Most Mobile weapon platform but blocks Flickerjump if teamed with Spiders
    Warp Dragon - Warp Generator, Fusion Gun - 90
    Mobile tank hunter but carries the risk of 'Warping out'
    FireHawk - Wings, Fusion Gun - 95
    No Jetpack move but carries less risk than the Warp version
    Screaming Spear - Bike, Lance, Banshee Mask - 100
    Can work solo but best run with Spears to help them deny overwatch and cause fear
    The Leroy - Wings, Firesabre, Banshee Mask - 120
    Solo Assault/Countercharge Melee option

As i said, theres room for Mandiblasters, Chainsabres, Fusion Pistols and the like. I just think these are the core worth building from.
    Last edited by Sonikgav; 05-21-2015 at 07:36 PM.

Librarian

I would be tempted by the screaming spear version or the leroy (i was until this dex in the slow process of making the banshee ex into a fem autarch for this set up).

Inmay have to look into the bike version myself

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast