BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I sort of think this is breaking the forum rules...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    We want the hobby forums to be a great community center for both inspiration and learning from your fellow hobbyists.

Unacceptable Self-promotion
    But, we are seeing a rise of "link only" hobby threads that are content-less and only include the title of a hobby project and a link to it on a 3rd party location.

These will be considered SPAM moving forward.

So by all means, show off your stuff, share your hobby, be inspired by and inspire those around you and as always you should feel free to self promote in a discreet tasteful manner.

But please remember that the hobby subforums are not a dumping ground for naked advertising links.

We know you all have awesome pictures of your projects - show them off!
    Sounds like a breach to me

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmage View Post
    I sort of think this is breaking the forum rules...

Sounds like a breach to me
    Yeah, if BoLS would just sever their ties with SpikeyBits, that would be great. It would cut way back on much of the spam posts, repeat posts, and non news "news" posts that people have been complaining about for a while now.

Fly Lord

It's not spam and Kesher is keeping all of these videos in 1 master thread for ease of posting. If you don't want to see them, then avoid this one thread.

The posts themselves include actual video content - so this is legitimate.

The goal of the above warning from me was to get rid of posts that only included a single link to an external location with no content at all. You can enjoy the videos (or not enjoy them) right here within the thread without having to go anywhere, so there is no issue.

Just wanted to clear it up.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123