BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    Dude, you are the one who said that you tarpit them with grots, gaunts, and conscripts. Now you're talking about vehicles, bikes, and cavalry? Get your **** together and pick what you want to do. Are you trying to tarpit a Knight, or are you trying to out maneuver the knight? And what unit of bikes is large enough to tarpit a Knight through a turn of being shot at and the stomp attacks?
    Even if you play on planet bowling ball, you can brack any unit into a corner if they try to avoid you, or you can bait them into getting close. Knight players want to get Stompy, but a large group of low point mooks is not their prime choice. Pin them, move in your anchor unit(s), then ignore them while you defeat the rest of their army. Hidden power fists/hammers/Melta bombs/haywire will take care of them. Space out your dudes, even when you pile in, to defeat blasts. Or avoid CC and bracket them, pump them full of S8+ AP1-2 (into more than one flank if a SH), and watch them pop. Or focus them with your Flyers. Pull on your big boy pants and man up.

SJ

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonian000 View Post
    Even if you play on planet bowling ball, you can brack any unit into a corner if they try to avoid you, or you can bait them into getting close. Knight players want to get Stompy, but a large group of low point mooks is not their prime choice. Pin them, move in your anchor unit(s), then ignore them while you defeat the rest of their army. Hidden power fists/hammers/Melta bombs/haywire will take care of them. Space out your dudes, even when you pile in, to defeat blasts. Or avoid CC and bracket them, pump them full of S8+ AP1-2 (into more than one flank if a SH), and watch them pop. Or focus them with your Flyers. Pull on your big boy pants and man up.

SJ
    And there you have it folks. Knights are as easy to deal with as that. Doesn't matter what army you're playing, it's that ****ing simple. Facing 5 Knights? Just box them in. Even though 5 of them are really good at deleting units and can all move fast, just box them in. Now you know.

Chapter-Master

Don't worry, jefferson000 also thinks my Grey Knights are "terribad", even after placing 14th at LVO and going 5-1 against some pretty nasty lists with them. It's not the same list he'd run, though, so obviously it can't be good.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Don't worry, jefferson000 also thinks my Grey Knights are "terribad", even after placing 14th at LVO and going 5-1 against some pretty nasty lists with them. It's not the same list he'd run, though, so obviously it can't be good.
    Only 14th? Well, any good Grey Knight player would have placed much higher. Dreadknights, psycannons, shunting, amazing pschic powers and utility.... there are some very strong tactics, that I know, but don't feel like spelling out here, that will allow a competent player than knows his army to win every time. Even against a superior force, all you have to do is .... blah blah blah. That's what jeff and other people like him sound like. I bet he also has the secret weakness to Eldar, and never lost once to them in the past year and a half. In all seriousness though 14th is kind of impressive with GK, they aren't easy in the current meta.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonian000 View Post

SJ
    Because everyone happens to play space marines right?

Yeah. You could space out your dudes to mitigate my Blast weapons. That's a solid tactic, and of course useful against more than just Knights.

But then came the Knight Crusader. Bung on the Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, and upgrade to the Krak Missile rack.....and I'm going through your squads at a terrifying rate. The Battlecannon has enough range to shamelessly pick on units you've not spread out. The Avenger Gatling Cannon isn't fussed about you being spread out. Nor do the three Krak Missiles. And I've still got two Heavy Stubbers which are well employed sprinkling some desultory fire power at a unit I fancy tap dancing on in assault.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    Only 14th? Well, any good Grey Knight player would have placed much higher. Dreadknights, psycannons, shunting, amazing pschic powers and utility.... there are some very strong tactics, that I know, but don't feel like spelling out here, that will allow a competent player than knows his army to win every time. Even against a superior force, all you have to do is .... blah blah blah. That's what jeff and other people like him sound like. I bet he also has the secret weakness to Eldar, and never lost once to them in the past year and a half. In all seriousness though 14th is kind of impressive with GK, they aren't easy in the current meta.
    Can't kill FMCs, though, which was my one loss. If only GKs could take a fire raptor...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    When did I call your GK terribad?

Being a GK player, I tend to support other GK players.

SJ

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456