BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    While this is true I am still using the same models as I was back in 5th edition, so no strength-D spam over here.
    Yeah, but even without the D stuff, Eldar are insanely good now. People focus so much on the D, they miss how potent all the other stuff is. You can bring an elite force that can deal with pretty much anything.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Yeah, but even without the D stuff, Eldar are insanely good now. People focus so much on the D, they miss how potent all the other stuff is. You can bring an elite force that can deal with pretty much anything.
    I could have. Instead I opted for the all rounder list I was experimenting with, which was written well before I knew what I was up against and as a result had both Storm Guardians and Howling Banshees in it, both useless against that much wraithbone.

Veteran player with fluffy all-comers army > Rookie player who just bought all the shiny looking stuff. If you know how to use your army to the best of its ability then most gimmick armies can be outplayed, particularly if the player is just hopping on the bandwagon with a net-list.

Wasn't kidding when I said I'd have kicked his *** with my 5th edition codex, either.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    There quite a few rules that make superheavies quite different from a landraider.
    I won't talk about the 4++ (which can become better) the Landraider will not have, nor the ability to assault, stomp, move 12" and still fire all weapons at BF, splitfire or anything of these "small benefits".
    Basically it comes down to "if I penetrate a Landraider something will happen" either we see it trying to snapfire, losing a weapon or sit there on his spot for the rest of the game, In rare cases we will see it "poof" in a grat ball of fire.
    The Knight? Not so much. Always moving, shooting, assaulting till the last hullpoint is gone.

And while nearly all armies are kitted out to deal with vehicles (multiples at that) there are only a few armies that can take on 5 Knight in all all-comers list. There are even some who cannot muster enough firepower even if prepered and last but no least I hear rumors of some players who do not own multiples of every unit and can't just look into their 50k points for more anti-tank.
    Pretty sure enemy Knights stand still during your turn, so the only points above the matter are the 4++ save (on one facing and range only) and melee (if you go that route). The fact that you can tarpit a Knight all game with a unit of grots, gaunts, or conscripts kind of puts insult to any melee scariness Knights can bring to the table. We all had over a year to work out how to get a Knight into cross-fire to mitigate it's Ion Shield, and anyone that can't deal with AV12 is not going to win much, anyway.

So like I said, if can't deal with a Knight at this point, that's on you. Yes, it be a bummer to face one or more if you aren't prepared. So why aren't you prepared? Did you bring all Flamers, and left the Melta at home? Did you forget the Melta Bombs and/Haywire Grenades? No Hammers and Shield? Not enough cannon?

SJ

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonian000 View Post
    Pretty sure enemy Knights stand still during your turn, so the only points above the matter are the 4++ save (on one facing and range only) and melee (if you go that route). The fact that you can tarpit a Knight all game with a unit of grots, gaunts, or conscripts kind of puts insult to any melee scariness Knights can bring to the table. We all had over a year to work out how to get a Knight into cross-fire to mitigate it's Ion Shield, and anyone that can't deal with AV12 is not going to win much, anyway.

So like I said, if can't deal with a Knight at this point, that's on you. Yes, it be a bummer to face one or more if you aren't prepared. So why aren't you prepared? Did you bring all Flamers, and left the Melta at home? Did you forget the Melta Bombs and/Haywire Grenades? No Hammers and Shield? Not enough cannon?

SJ
    You're right, it's really easy to tarpit something that moves twice as fast as your large blob, has multiple shots with large blast weapons, and has stomp attacks.

Veteran-Sergeant

If you really wanted to fight dirty...

your enemy has, what, 5 models on the board? Spam cheap tanks and just ram him to death with sheer weight of numbers. (Are Rhinos tanks? If so, get on their flanks, drop your guys out, and use your Rinos as guided missiles! For extra kicks, use hunter-killers on the first turn.)

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

your enemy has, what, 5 models on the board? Spam cheap tanks and just ram him to death with sheer weight of numbers. (Are Rhinos tanks? If so, get on their flanks, drop your guys out, and use your Rinos as guided missiles! For extra kicks, use hunter-killers on the first turn.)
    do the stats, knights got an invul and isnt going to care
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Were you high when you posted this?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    Were you high when you posted this?
    It was early. No coffee. Probably worse posting conditions than high.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    You're right, it's really easy to tarpit something that moves twice as fast as your large blob, has multiple shots with large blast weapons, and has stomp attacks.
    Guess you haven't played table top war games for vary long, especially ones that variable base sizes. It's so easy to mouse trap a Knight, you literally have to have just started playing to not have the faintest idea of how to do it.

Let me know when you start adding vehicles, bikes, or cavalry to your all foot list.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffersonian000 View Post
    Guess you haven't played table top war games for vary long, especially ones that variable base sizes. It's so easy to mouse trap a Knight, you literally have to have just started playing to not have the faintest idea of how to do it.

Let me know when you start adding vehicles, bikes, or cavalry to your all foot list.
    Dude, you are the one who said that you tarpit them with grots, gaunts, and conscripts. Now you're talking about vehicles, bikes, and cavalry? Get your **** together and pick what you want to do. Are you trying to tarpit a Knight, or are you trying to out maneuver the knight? And what unit of bikes is large enough to tarpit a Knight through a turn of being shot at and the stomp attacks?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast