BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default Wierd Headcanon from your local store.

So, weird head-canon appears in every hobby club or shop.
    The one that's got me giggling internally is one shared by my store.
    As we all know Captain Sicarius is something of a fan of drop-pod assaults.
    Now imagine this [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYk9q9UBnmg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYk9q9UBnmg[/URL] with Sicarius and drop-pods. This is now how I imagine him forever.
    So, what's the random head-canon that your group has?
    KB
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

First-Captain

something that came up on the very first evening of your first Deathwatch round... we were having a nice fight with a Genestealer Cult, and one turn our Devastator rolled totally bonkers with his Heavy Bolter (which in our opinion is crazy op anyway^^), and out of nowhere the guy just started yelling GEMÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜSE (which is german for vegetables, but sounds way more awesome when yelled out loud than the english version ). So ever since then, instead of giving Dakka in whatever situation, we yell for vegetables.
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Veteran-Sergeant

Our store has a running gag that whenever there's a DISMAL round of shooting at an Eldar Vehicles (aka at least 3 heavy weapons shoot at it and not a single shot deals damage all round) it's because the enemy were attacking a hologram while the actual vehicle is hidden by holofields a bit to the left.

When the same thing happens to an imperial light vehicle, it's because the enemy was attacking a cardboard cutout that CREED! set up earlier.

A fantasy discussion that lead to 40k. The fact that the way that Dwarves can survive underground for so long is giant 'underground cows' - yes you did read that right. The cows would sit with their mouths open and eat Skaven that think its a cave. When the dwarves want to eat it they lure it into a giant furnace with Skaven then burn it, feasting on the cow all that year. To use it in game would just be a base with a 'Moo' speech bubble, and ethereal of course. This lead to 'Space cows', that are all psykers. Both the emperor and the hivemind are secretly space cows. I am sad to say no alcohol was involved in this discussion...