BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    I think a combination of the Terryn dataslate which was offered only with a now soldout bundle, and then these new WW-exclusive models which essentially are available only across the pond, without gaming community cooperation of course.

My only sort of negative thought about all this is is that previously I always had hoped GW would holdout to the bitter end in Nott. and somehwere in the US, now I know in my heart that the final years of GW will be played out as a UK thing. As grand as this all is, it really feels strange... GW isnt saying that they're reinforcing their final store-front for the final battle but I kind of feel like its implicit.

Maybe im just paranoid?
    There is now also a Warhammer World Exclusive supplement according to rumours called "Blood Oath"

[url]https://www.facebook.com/BlogForTheBloodGod/posts/1615905591989614[/url]

For the rest of you.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 05-18-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

most definitely paranoid. Games Workshop isn't going anywhere, this isn't their 'final years'. they are producing more content than ever before, opening new stores all the time. nobody would build a new HQ just to close up.
    I invite you to look into the near demise of Lego, and its lazarus project.

Its amazing to see that what Lego did to turn itself around is pretty much 100% opposite of what GW is doing (although doing admech and harlequins is a step in the right direction)

"Did you have focus groups of kids?"

"We have focus groups of kids all the time."

https://youtu.be/gvLVslZQbZI
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 05-17-2015 at 08:04 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

I always think it's funny how people get personally offended by the things GW does. So they wanted to do a couple exclusive releases to celebrate their new HQ? So what? Nintendo did exclusive stuff for their club nintendo members and a lot of exclusive stuff to Japan (Sony too). Blizzard sells exclusive stuff at BlizzCon. Microsoft sells exclusive merchandise at their headquarters. Sorry I'm a techie/gamer too so those examples come to mind quicker. I'm sure Harley Davidson sells exclusive stuff at their museum in Milwaukee, etc...

In this case we have exclusive tanks that will probably come out with the next SM codex, and an exclusive campaign book. Like who cares? It's not a big deal.

Chapter-Master

exactly
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Yeah I don't get it either. I mean I like GI Joe, there are exclusive figures and vehicles at every years San Diego Comic Con and JoeCon and probably other conventions too. If I want them I either need to go to those conventions or else look for them on ebay. Pretty sure the same thing applies with places like Disney World or Warner's 6 Flags theme parks and the like. We don't have those places here in the UK so we don't get the stuff from them unless we go to visit them or someone sells it on ebay. Everyone else doesn't have Warhammer World, so if they want the stuff that's only available there then they can either get on a plane and visit the place (make a holiday of it, the place is in Nottingham which is packed with medieval places to see after all, it being the "home" of Robin Hood), or else look on ebay. The whining that "it isn't fair that it's only available there blah blah" is frankly childish, when it is entirely fair that it is only available there.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

All of the GW Exclusive releases that I can remember to date have been variants of models with existing rules or models with no rules at all, making them 'nice' but with no impact on the game. If they start a trend of releasing exclusive models that do not have/or will not soon have an existing equivalent then it's pretty stupid. That said I would far prefer to use the existing FW variants to represent these anyhow... Although the weapon options are different from their FW cousins.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Brother-Captain

Seems both tanks are sold in a single box together with an additional sprue to provide all the extra bits need for the command variants. £75 is the price according to [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/space-marine-hq-command-tanks-rules-and.html"]this article[/URL] over on Faeit212.

via a reader on Faeit 212
    Space Marine HQ Command Tanks sold in one box together with only one sprue to upgrade both base tanks (think the price is £75). They have either the space marines, blood angels, dark angels or space wolves faction. They are chosen together as one HQ slot but operate as separate units on the battlefield.

Rhino Primaris gets an Orbital Array which either brings in one reserve unit automatically or calls an orbital alpha strike (massive blast orbital bombardment) and also has a serveo-skull hub which once per game, per ability, gives one unit in 12” snapshots (including overwatch) at full BS OR fearless OR vehicles only, restore 1 hull point on 2+. Comes with twin-linked plasma gun and transport capacity of 6. No information on points cost yet for either tank.

Excelsior has Aquila Aegis field which is effectively extra armour with inbuilt 6++. One unit within 12" (can be upgraded to 18" for 10pts) gains one special rule for the turn from: counter-attack, fearless, hit & run, Interceptor, preferred enemy, sky fire, spit fire or tank hunters. Can take a combi plasma. Comes with 2 twin linked lascannons, a grav cannon and grav.

If an Excelsior is within 24” of one or more friendly primaris then +1 BS to excelsior. Both tanks can take the usual stormbolter, hunter killer, extra armour and dozer blade (rhino only) upgrades.
    Grabbed the pics of the box:

I like the reversible doors, that gives a lot of customising options. Also I note that the box is listed as Adeptus Astartes, which follows with what a lot of us have suspected for some time that the next codex will be Codex: Adeptus Astartes rather than Codex: Space Marines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	%u002524_57%u00252B(1).JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	14135  
    Last edited by Brakkart; 05-17-2015 at 11:05 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

they look great
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

They do look nice, I hope they become available once the Space Marine codex becomes updated. If not the FW alternatives are pretty nice.

Chapter-Master

Having attended yesterday, I thought I'd give a bit of a review about the changes to Warhammer World. My summary would be that I was a little disappointed. It felt like something of a missed opportunity.

On arrival, there is a large new entrance hall with toilets. I don't know if they have plans for putting something there, but it felt like a large empty space. You ascend up the staircase into the revamped store, ensuring you enter and exit via the gift shop. There were no demo tables or painting stations in there, which felt odd, but they may go into the area the old store occupied, which had a temporary looking art display in it this weekend. From there you can enter into the gaming hall, which has been reduced in size to accommodate the FW and BL stores.

These stores were an interesting addition. Firstly, they were very odd aesthetically. Three sides of the hall were still the old castle walls with the fourth now all steel, glass and black paint. It felt a bit lazy in terms of design and a missed opportunity to revamp the hall. Both stores had a wide range of products, though the BL store definitely didn't carry the full range and I'd be surprised if the FW one did. Being able to pick FW stuff off the shelf compared to waiitng around three hours for a pick up was great, as was being able to browse and see display models. By comparison, the BL store felt like a tiny and slightly redundant book shop that didn't quite have enough of a range to warrant a whole store. There was no question which store was busier. So, we basically have less gaming space for more retail space. Sounds about right.

Bugmans has had a paint job, the fluffy shields have been replaced with art prints (available to buy of course) and has a few more tables, but is otherwise much the same.

The miniatures exhibition was the surprising high point. Having seen that they were going to be charging £7.50 for entry, I was expecting to be ripped off. I was not. It has been massively expanded and now consists of 4 rooms. To give you some context of the size of the expansion, the old exhibition hall is just filled with Warhammer stuff now. Alongside the army specific cabinets, there are a number of new large displays. The multi-tunnel Skaven assault on a Dwarf hold and the Eldar fighting Tyranids across a glowing lava field were two of my favourites. However, the stand out was a massive 40k display. And I mean massive. In terms of floor space, it must have covered the same area as my living room and kitchen combined. There is a descending staircase that goes around it, allowing you to really take it in. I'm not going to spoil it for you with any details, but has to be seen to be believed. I came out feeling that whilst I wouldn't pay to go in again in a hurry, I didn't mind having paid to see it.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast