BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I invite you to look into the near demise of Lego, and its lazarus project.

Its amazing to see that what Lego did to turn itself around is pretty much 100% opposite of what GW is doing (although doing admech and harlequins is a step in the right direction)

"Did you have focus groups of kids?"

"We have focus groups of kids all the time."

https://youtu.be/gvLVslZQbZI
    Come on... you know there's no reason to listen to your customers if you already know what they want.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Come on... you know there's no reason to listen to your customers if you already know what they want.
    Or you're doing your legally governed duty to act in the interests of your shareholders and are running in profit...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Or you're doing your legally governed duty to act in the interests of your shareholders and are running in profit...
    Yes sir, but the ultimate goal is to maximize those profits for the shareholders not just 'make a profit'. Regardless, GW's still strong enough as a company that I don't worry over their near term solvency but the lack of any actual business nemesis has guided them into a place of relative complacency.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Yes sir, but the ultimate goal is to maximize those profits for the shareholders not just 'make a profit'. Regardless, GW's still strong enough as a company that I don't worry over their near term solvency but the lack of any actual business nemesis has guided them into a place of relative complacency.
    Sorry I couldn't resist... I actually agree with you and haven't seen it so well put - lack of actual business nemesis...

But we digress...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Sorry I couldn't resist... I actually agree with you and haven't seen it so well put - lack of actual business nemesis...

But we digress...
    We sure have... Surely modern society is to blame for our short attention spans! Someday I hope to make the pilgrimage to Nottingham to see the massive table displays. From Wildeybeast's description they sound pretty awesome.
    My Truescale Insanity

Chapter-Master

It is. The huge one was almost too big to fully take in. You end up missing out on some of the smaller details. The others were just about the right size to be able to fully appreciate them. There's a really nice 'snap shot' of the assault on Rynn's World that recreates the old Rogue Trader cover art and has a Stormboy cheekily pinching a flag off the top of a tower, just because he can.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011