BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: 40k Novel help

Default 40k Novel help

Hi

Im hoping someone can help Im looking for something new to read and am gonna buy two or three books. Ive really enjoyed the heresy stuff and have read it all,ive also enjoyed with regard to 40k ive read alot though not so much over the last year. Ive enjoyed Helsreach,The dark eldar trilogy,Emporerers Gift and baneblade.

Looking for some reccomendations on the newer stuff

I tried OF Mars trilogy but couldnt get into it.

Brother-Sergeant

AD-B's Night Lord's omnibus and Chris Wraight's Battle of the Fang are rad. Also, Blood Gorgons (?) was quite interesting.

Occuli Imperator

Gaunt's Ghosts or Eisenhorn.

Both by Abnett. Gaunt's Ghosts is like Sharpe in the 40k universe
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

First-Captain

yeah all the Dan-i-verse (Abnett) is ace, with Ravenor being my favourite by a slim margin. Most of the Space Marine Battles have been good as well, like Fall of Damnos or Death of Integrity. And Legion of the Damned gives some fun insight into one really effed up chapter of IF successors...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Veteran-Sergeant

Tip number 1: Avoid anything by C. S. Goto
    Tip number 2: Seek out Abnett.

I've also heard good things about the Ciaphas Cain series.

Thanks for the replies ive read everything by abnett,adb and all the ciaphas cain series. Ive also read all the ultramarines books its mostly stuff in the last year or so im considering?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Ciaphas Cain.

Sandy mitchel is a fantastic fun writer, think flashman in 40k.

If you can get em and dont mind an unfinished storyline he also has two inquisition books, scourge the heretic and innocence proves nothing
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.