BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Hi everyone!

Initiate

Default Hi everyone!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to introduce my redneck self to everyone! Im new to the hobby. I used to model some, mostly with model cars and WW2 planes but that was 20 years ago and I wasnt serious about it. I started the 40K hobby 3 months ago almost to the day, from a hobby standpoint as I live in a very rural area and didnt know anyone anywhere close to me that played or even knew what 40K was. I was introduced to the 40K universe back when the PC game Dawn of War was about to come out. I was immediately amazed and hooked on the stories even before I discovered it was a miniature tabletop war game!

For years Ive wanted to play the tabletop game but the prices(and my lack of money due to being disabled and on a very fixed income) and lack of knowing or being able to find anyone that played or knew what it was held me back. All that time wanting to do something and not being able to. Multiple times over the years I tried to find people who played but could not. When I finally found a couple who played, they all played a few hours drive from my home in the city and that just wasnt something I could do.

3 months ago while playing Dawn of War 2 Retribution (Im a PC gamer, and Xbox One gamer) I said the heck with it. Im doing this if I have to buy enough for two armies and play against myself!!!! So I began buying a few models and some citadel paint. I have almost enough for my Blood Angels to play someone now. I lack a few units like transports. I have a whole collection of paints from different ranges, many brands of brushes from Citadel, Winsor & Newton, to cheap bulk Hobby Lobby bushes. I still havent painted an entire single miniature but Im slowly working on it and improving my painting skill. Im definitely no award winning artist! LOL.I have to order most of stuff online as there is only one little hobby/comic shop in the nearest town that sells a few models and a little citadel paint. Seriously, I live out in the boonies. I can literally walk into my back yard and deer hunt without worry of shooting someones house with a high powered rifle. LOL.

But here I am. A total Noob thats chugging along at a hobby I feel completely alone at with the exception of you guys on the interweb. I enjoy the hobby immensely and Im planning on doing this as long as I can somehow scrape up the money to buy models. I hope to meet a lot of new friends here and learn a lot more about this wonderful and great hobby.

Occuli Imperator

Hello and welcome aboard
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Hello,

That's certainly one way to do it. We all end up with more than one army anyway.

come to the oubliette
    Enjoy our tangents

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Initiate

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all! I got wrangled into doing some work for the family reunion this last weekend so I didn't get a lot accomplished. I did mange to get a little done though. I done some mold line removing and because of a somewhat mild OCD that always takes me forever. I'm also in the process of opening a blog page with a friend that will show a lot of what work we are doing. I'm having to learn the process of blogging and how to use the tools provided by the site I'm going through so it's slow going for me on that front. Damn ADD kicks in once in awhile. Lol. But I will have another update this evening sometime as I'm about to head out the door to a friends for some hobby time. I have some blood angels calling for some attention. See u guys soon and thanks again for welcoming me and stopping in to say hi.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by honeybadger33 View Post
    Damn ADD kicks in once in awhile. Lol. But I will have another update this evening sometime as I'm about to head out the door to a friends for some hobby time. I have some blood angels calling for some attention. See u guys soon and thanks again for welcoming me and stopping in to say hi.
    A gamer without ADD is like Christmas without Santa... you can have one without the other but it's just not as much fun. Welcome aboard!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

Too many shinies

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness