BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Lamenters 1250

Default Lamenters 1250

to start, i havnt played 40k in 4 years and am just now getting the hang of the new rules and such. I always played blood angels and thousand sons but the thought of painting all that red again was a drag. (sold 4000 pts of BA a few years ago). i still wanted the BA fluff and rules so i decided on the lamenters just based of their backround. The badab war pdf gave me their Malakim Phoros to run so it seemed like a good idea. here is the list ive been using comments and constructive crit is welcomed obviously.

malakim phoros
    Sang priest with bolt pistol
    10 tact marines
    7 scouts with camo and sniper
    5 devs with las cannon
    1 baal predator
    1 landraider redeemer
    and either 10 assault marines without jump packs vet sgt with thunder hammer or 5 LC terms
    AM or Terms in landraider with hqs

Veteran-Sergeant

I know too well that painting red is a pain, but yellow with white and black checker board might be just as rough.

Dropping the Jump Packs from your Assault Marines grants you a free Rhino or Drop Pod, but I understand why you'd want the Assault troops in a vehicle they can assault out of. Blood Angel Rhinos also pick up the Fast special rule. Maybe pass the Rhino over to Tactical Squad or Devastators.

I've just learned about Malakin Phoros, and combined with a Sanguinary Priest he basically makes the Assault Marines into Death Company!
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Chaplain

Ugh, painting yellow is worse than red.