BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Post you super heavy / lords of war lists

Super heavies / lords of war are fairly new to are game I'd be curious to see what lists people are running and also what people are running to counter please let me know:

What is in the list:

How does it work:

How many points is it:

Any interesting in game experiences:

1) Stompa! Sometimes more than one!

2) Hit things with it! Also shooting but that's just a bonus really.

3) Lotz!

4) Back in the days of 5th Edition, when Destroyer Weapons wounded automatically, I charged my Stompa at Mephiston, thinking I'd easily mash him into paste and move on to the nearby Land Raiders. Instead, I completely failed to hit him, and he just took a step back (super-heavies couldn't be locked in combat) and hit me with a Blood Lance. It penetrated and rolled so many Chain Reaction results that suddenly, there was no Stompa, just a giant cloud of S9 AP2 pain to everyone within 4d6". Mephiston just let the hot plasma wash over his face like it was a summer breeze.

I have a 1500pts Adeptus Arbite list.

It has three shotgun / special weapon toting carapace veteran squads in Chimera's with double heavy flamers.

2 Demolishers with 3 heavy flamers.

One Macharius Vulcan - With the Vulcan Cannon.

I took it to a tornament and it:

Generally mowed down any infantry terminators / those in cover included that were within range.

My opponents took great pleasure in targetting it blowing it up and letting the explosion damage more of my vehicles and killing infantry in the open.

A Hive Tyrant was felled after somthing like 150 shots at it.....it kept on reducing it's ballistics making it have to snap shoot everthing.

Hardly the most effective unit ever.....but loads of fun!