BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kataphron are troops?!

In the white dwarf 68, the rules for them mark them as troops, so would that mean that in the mechanicus codex they would come as troop choices? Do you guys think that could be possible? They can all have supreme weapon choices, and can come in units upt to 12, armed with graviton cannon that would be 72 grav shoots. It is a total overkill, but the fact that a troop choice has that possibility seems like too much for me.
    This country could use a plate of whatever is God's special today.

I don't think "troops" means that much anymore. Especially if it's another codex without an HQ such that troops aren't objective secured. Not that it's ever bothered me, I always secure objectives by killing everyone nearby.

Chapter-Master

I find it refreshing to have a troops choice in a 40k army that don't have 2 arms and 2 legs.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I find it refreshing to have a troops choice in a 40k army that don't have 2 arms and 2 legs.
    Tyranids have four arms...

Mechanicum seem to be getting a proper HQ.

Chap with the tall headgear from the poster.

Can't wait for the Codex! Got a nicely burgeoning Mechanicum force here at Mystery Towers!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Mechanicum seem to be getting a proper HQ.

Chap with the tall headgear from the poster.

Can't wait for the Codex! Got a nicely burgeoning Mechanicum force here at Mystery Towers!
    You mean that codex supplement "Skitarii" or the full codex?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Well, seeing as I already have the Skitarii one......

And I should be getting Horus Heresy Volume V on Saturday, as Forgeworld have a stand at Comicon.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Gutierrez View Post
    In the white dwarf 68, the rules for them mark them as troops, so would that mean that in the mechanicus codex they would come as troop choices? Do you guys think that could be possible? They can all have supreme weapon choices, and can come in units upt to 12, armed with graviton cannon that would be 72 grav shoots. It is a total overkill, but the fact that a troop choice has that possibility seems like too much for me.
    At £140/$232 for 12 I think it's very possible. GW deeply believes troops choices should cost north of £100/$200. So do their shareholders. And with rules like these they hope to persuade you of it as well.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    At £140/$232 for 12 I think it's very possible. GW deeply believes troops choices should cost north of £100/$200. So do their shareholders. And with rules like these they hope to persuade you of it as well.
    That unit would also cost 600 points - a good third, near quarter of a 1850 battle and be as easily neutralised by one squad of cheapy infantry.

It's got to fire at one target as well. Having four squads of 3 is a way around that but the same 'ways to nobble it' apply. Blast them with a heavy flamer or Immortal Gauss blasters and they're stuck. It's a lot of points in one unit.

However, the idea of 12 mini gun tanks is just too cool.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by bubbles15 View Post
    That unit would also cost 600 points - a good third, near quarter of a 1850 battle and be as easily neutralised by one squad of cheapy infantry.

It's got to fire at one target as well. Having four squads of 3 is a way around that but the same 'ways to nobble it' apply. Blast them with a heavy flamer or Immortal Gauss blasters and they're stuck. It's a lot of points in one unit.

However, the idea of 12 mini gun tanks is just too cool.
    Good point.

And they do look cool.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast