BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Iyanden + Craftworld Eldar

Rules conundrum - can I use the Iyanden supplement with the new Craftworld Eldar? I want to play an Iyanden CAD with a Wraith Host formation, specifically and only to allow my CAD's Farseer to use the Iyanden warlord trait table. I don't see any reason I couldn't, but I figured I would ask here.

Opinions?

None of the rules in Iyanden are incompatible with the new Codex, which just leaves the question of whether an unsuperseded publication GW no longer sells can be considered valid. I believe that it can, because otherwise the Plasma Obliterators became unusable before most of them were even delivered.

That was, essentially, the heart of my argument. To my knowledge the only issue seems to be the page number referenced for Spirit Mark, and that the Iyanden book references "Codex: Eldar" instead of "Codex Eldar: Craftworlds".

Chapter-Master

My Gamesworkshop staff believe its still usable. As do I, as Houghten pointed out, all the rules come from the main codex. Iyanden just gives different relics and Warlord traits.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

All that really matters is what you as players agree on.

That said, I say no, it's not. The reasoning behind it being, could I use Craftworld Eldar to play Alaitoc after the 4th Ed Codex came out? Not at all. It was a 'supplement' of sorts, but it was meant for another edition, much like the current Iyanden one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SgtJoo View Post
    All that really matters is what you as players agree on.

That said, I say no, it's not. The reasoning behind it being, could I use Craftworld Eldar to play Alaitoc after the 4th Ed Codex came out? Not at all. It was a 'supplement' of sorts, but it was meant for another edition, much like the current Iyanden one.
    Yet Space Wolves was allowed up to mid-5th. It's "codex" was nothing more than a supplement at the time. Dark Angels in 3rd to mid-4th was also a supplemental codex, and Blood Angels from 3rd to late 4th as well.

If it works, it works. The previous Craftworld codex didn't align with the 4th Edition Codex: Eldar, so it didn't work. At least, that was the theory promulgated at the time.

I would say the obvious RAW is no. There is no longer a "Codex: Eldar." It is now, "Codex Eldar: Craftworlds."

In friendly games, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
    If people played as often as they complained, we'd all have a lot more fun.

There is no such thing as a friendly game; only games where the participants hide their knives behind their backs.