BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Forge World Airbrush Paints.

So I've heard FW are / have released a range of airbrush paints. This is pretty exciting news to me. Always ready to try something new and hopefully ad to my painting arsenal I'm looking forward to giving these a try. However they had better be good. News is these are 18ml pots and they cost £3.75 ish. That's pretty steep when compared to Minitaire or Vallejo. Both have fantastic airbrush paint ranges and I am intrigued to see how the FW paints will compare. But my big issue is the pots.....the paint comes in pots not dropper bottles. Seriously somebody at FW made a big mistake in choosing this type of bottle for airbrush paint. Anyone who's using their airbrush to psint on a regular basis is going to say this is a mistake...a big one. Especially as the competition offers more paint for less money in more convenient to use bottles.
    Here's a picture

I also found this video by Spud Tate about this very subject when I started trawling the internet for info on these paints. Spud I think has valid points which I agree on at the moment. But I still want to give them a go at least.
    The range of paints do look really good though, I may transfer the ones I try into dropper bottles. But then that starts pushing the price up even more when you can get an easier alternative.

I'm thinking as more info becomes available and painters try them I may re-evaluate my initial thoughts on the product. But those bottles ?
    Last edited by Paintingplasticcrack; 05-19-2015 at 04:25 PM.

Chapter-Master

I think you're right there. After moving away from GW paints to Vallijo and Model colour I never realised how crap the pots on GW paints are.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/PIPETTES--PLASTIC-DROPPING-GRADUATED-PACK/dp/B004GWW0HO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432125344&sr=8-1&keywords=Pipettes]Can't say it would be a massive problem for me[/url].

Mostly because I very rarely paint!

I've seen a review on FB, which I now can't find, but it seemed positive about the paints themselves, particularly how easy they are to blend together.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I'm too lazy to paint regularly how am i supposed to find the motivation to teem and ladle with pipettes?

Well I don't know, do I!

Anyways. I can't be trusted with an airbrush.

I'd likely just go find a cat to doodle on instead of painting my models.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

As long as it was a white cat and you used food colouring it'd be fine...

It was a Tortoise Shell.

And I used Hammerite.

- - - Updated - - -

Owner was furious - but how was I to know Cats are naturally rust proof?

Chapter-Master

Cat's have their own physics.

I'd bet these bottles are cheaper, and some manager in the company overrode the people who actually know what they're doing in making the call. I doubt the Forge World brand name will help these sell well enough if there's not some magical properties to them. There's too much competition in the paint area, and if you're already handicapping yourself right out of the gates with bottle style and price, you're not exactly going to wedge into that market well.

Chapter-Master

It's cool that it seems to be focussed on heresy era legion colours, would of thought they would of had a metallic blue for Alpha legion though?
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast