BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sniper Rifles

Librarian

My only real problem is the adding of extra words in to defend the many weapons many tests theory. It never mentions 'each' weapon, or every 'individual' weapon.

But yes, it also says 'a weapon' and ' the weapon that caused'

It would be so simple if they had just said "You take a test for EACH unsaved wound" (if thats what they meant.

Now I've even looked up ordanance barrages (as they have special pinning rules).
    It says 'the tests (multiple) from barrages (*sigh!*) are taken with a -1'.

They couldn't say the test from the barrage or tests from the barrage could they [since either would prove the rule one way or the other].

It's ambiguous, no doubt. I'm not trying to deny that. Either way adds words, though. Single-test interpolates "per unit."

Trin, what mostly trips me up is that the rule says " the weapon that caused.". In particular, it isn't "the attack that caused" or "the unit that caused." See the difference? That's why I think we need to focus on individual pinning weapons, not individual units armed with one or more pinning weapons.

Chaplain

Everyone keeps bringing up the change in wording from 4th ed, did anyone consider that they changed the wording so that snipers can pin mutliwound models that dont suffer a casualty? Im on the side of one test per unit personally, i just think its worded poorly in an attempt to make snipers better vs mutli wound models.

Well, it might be, Aldramech, but it might also be an attempt to make pinning a halfway useful tactic.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    It's ambiguous, no doubt. I'm not trying to deny that. Either way adds words, though. Single-test interpolates "per unit."

Trin, what mostly trips me up is that the rule says " the weapon that caused.". In particular, it isn't "the attack that caused" or "the unit that caused." See the difference? That's why I think we need to focus on individual pinning weapons, not individual units armed with one or more pinning weapons.
    Nabterayl

I definitly can see your point of view. So no worries I was just trying to show why I went with the single check versus per weapon. I have the feeling this will be one of those rules that will be house ruled until its FAQ'd or the next edition comes out.

T.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234