BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Dark Angels Rumor Roundup

via Bird in the Trees 5-21-2015

Dark angels are following right on Space Marines.

Look for a "Grey Knight" codex only-release.

No "new" models at all, aside from those shared with Space Marines.

Slightly increased pagecount.

New formations for Deathwing, Ravenwing.

Numerous new Formations, including one landspeeder-based build about the Darkshroud.

There are some "Hunt for the Fallen" flavor rules that can come into play versus Chaos Marines.

Nephilim & Darktalon costs have been reduced.

Numerous minor changes to bring all general equipment, units and costs into alignment with upcoming codex Space Marines.
    via atia on B&C 5-31-2015
    Dark Angels Battle Force
    Attachment 14399
    Looks to be three Black Knights, 1 Speeder and 1 Attack bike.

via Timotheus on B&C 5-31-2015
    Dark Angels Interrogator Chaplain
    Attachment 14398
    via [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303857-rumours-dark-angels-codex-interrogator-chaplain/page-17#entry4067127"]Timotheus[/URL] on B&C 6-1-2015
    Dark Angels Interrogator Chaplain
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nDRYRNo.jpg 
Views:	1847 
Size:	358.6 KB 
ID:	14413
    via [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303857-rumours-dark-angels-codex-interrogator-chaplain/page-18#entry4067450"]claimh_solais[/URL] 6-1-2015

New Terminator Librarian
    Attachment 14414
    via [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303857-rumours-dark-angels-codex-interrogator-chaplain/page-23"]Atia [/URL]on Bolter&Chainsword 6-10-2015

WD73 Spotted
    Attachment 14550Attachment 14551Attachment 14552

...something interesting ...

GW has linked now all generic marine models to the DA/SW/BA/GK pages at their shop :P

the dark angels got scouts for troops, but no tactical squad
    via GW 6-15-2015
    June 20th, the Sons of the Lion Return!
    via MongooseMatt on DakkaDakka 6-15-2015

I am not really a rumour source, but this has just come through from the GW sales team;

A 160-page full colour hardback codex. The most comprehensive Dark Angels codex ever, which includes three new Dark Angels Detachments, 6 formations of and Tactical Objectives, plus Warlord Traits and Chapter Relics. This new codex gives the player the opportunity to build their own Deathwing and Ravenwing formations, from the extensive range of available miniatures.

It is a £35 Codex. Looks like Dark Angels are getting the royal treatment (at last)!
    via [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303857-rumours-dark-angels-codex-interrogator-chaplain/page-30#entry4089941"]Master Sheol[/URL] 6-16-2015

Dark Angels Codex /Limited Edition Sighted
    Attachment 14628Attachment 14629

in some of the tidbits is mentioned the following:
    "Dark angels are known for their discipline (even guilliman respects says that) need proof? look at the overwatch fire of a battle demi-company!"

and "dark angels are known to attack hard and fast. expect the deathwing to assault on turn 2"

the upcomming WD has(sorry if it isnt 100% translated):
    - at the dusk of a new age...
    -...we are celebrating warhammer
    - new mission: hunt The Fallen

no real leaks yet dear friends. expect them on the following tuesday/wednesday. when i got the book in my hands.
    Via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?409343-Dark-Angel-V-Tzeentch-Daemonkin-boxset&p=7468448&viewfull=1#post7468448"]Warseer[/URL] 6-17-2015
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dark Angels (1).jpg 
Views:	1555 
Size:	378.0 KB 
ID:	14639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1434444207673.jpg 
Views:	1198 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	14640Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1434444204407.jpg 
Views:	1011 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	14641
    Last edited by Bigred; 07-13-2015 at 08:33 PM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Dark Angels Roundup Continued

via [URL="http://www.gamestrust.de/bilder,list1221,1,warhammer-40-000-dark-angels.html"]gamestrust.de[/URL] 6-17-2015

[URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303857-rumours-dark-angels-codex-interrogator-chaplain/page-44"]Via Bolter&Chainsword 6-20-2015[/URL]

PFG is gone and bikes are missing from the special issue wargear list. There is a bunch of other stuff missing from that list too, but I never used them, Porta-racks and the like. Belial getting the extra attack is nice. It always bothered me that one of the best fighters in the Imperium had the standard Captain stat line. Sacred Standards are 35 pts across the board. Foe smiter and Monster slayer are down 5 pts, Mace of Redemption and Lion's roar are the same. Shroud of heroes dropped 40 pts ohmy.png There is also a new relic.

Na, swap storm bolter for thunder hammer 25, swap power weapon for storm shield 5. I do hope those are IC options and nit the price across the board.

Rules are very good.

All models fire at normal bs.
    Take double demi company and all transports are free just like Vanilla Marines!

Am I reading this right? Terminators can take Combi weapons???
    via [URL="http://greenblowfly.blogspot.com/2015/06/dark-angels-real-deal.html"]Terminus Est[/URL] 6-20-2015

DW knights got even better with ap3 maces rather than ap4? Middle finger to any other space marine player.

Deathwing rule replaces Inner Circle, grants Fearless and Hatred (CSM).

DW Knights maces of absolution now AP3, Smite is now basically a Smash attack: trade all attacks for one Sx2 AP2 attack, chosen per model, not limited use.

DW Assault is a formation rule, everything Deep Strikes in on choice of turn 2, 3, or 4 - includes Ven Dreads in Pods.

Summoned to War is a detachment rule, all units in detachment must start in Deep Strike reserve, if army has a RW Attack Squadron or Strike Force you basically choose the results of Reserve Rolls for the detachment.

Summon the DW: Formation rule, models in the formation are basically 12" teleport homers for DW units.

Ravenwing rule allows models to reroll failed Jink saves.

Speed of the Raven detachment rule: On first tirn (or second if units in reserves), units that turbo-boost or Flat Out count as Jinking but aren't forced to Snap Shot the following turn.

Ravenwing grenade launcher radshell is no longer -1T but the to-wound of 6 causes two wounds.

Sammael in Sabreclaw gets a D3+1 S4 AP2 hits sweep attack.

Land Speeder Vengeance plasma battery is now 36".

Dark Shroud's Icon of Old Caliban is Fear and Stealth to DA units within 6" and no prevents Overwatch when those units start the Assault phase with 6" of it.
    and also the Psychic Powers
    Psychic Powers:

Primaris - Mind Worm - WC1 focussed witch fire, 12" S6 AP2 Assault 1, Ignores Cover, if model takes an unsaved wound then -3 BS/WS/I/Ld for rest of game

1 - Seed of Fear - WC1 Maledication affecting all enemy units within 9", they take Morale, Pinning, and Fear on 3d6

2 - Righteous Repugnance - WC1 Blessing 24" grants unit Rage

3 - Aversion - WC1 Malediction 24" unit may only fire Snap Shots

4 - Malestrom of Misery - WC2 witchfire 24" S1 AP2 Assault 1 Blast always wounds on 4+

5 - Trephination - WC2 18" focussed witchfire - affected model rolls 2d6+2-Ld and takes that many wounds with no armor or cover saves

6 - Mind Wipe - WC3 24" malediction - target unit is WS1/BS1 until end of their next turn, when they have to take a Ld test, if failed effect is permanent

Via [URL="http://forum.spikeybits.com/showthread.php?21907-New-Space-Marine-Codex-Rumor-Roundup/page2"]a true son of The Lion[/URL] 6-22-2015

Battle Demi Company

is a Company Master/Chaplain, 3 tac squads, 1 assault squad, 1 Devastator squad, with 0-1 options for Veterans, Command Squad, and Dreadnoughts. Grants all models with grim resolve BS3 overwatch. If taken as part of the Lions Blade, that goes up to full bs overwatch. If two Battle Demi companies are taken in the Lions Blade, all transports are free.

Ravenwing Support Squad:

3 Land Speeders and either a Darkshroud or Vengeance. They gain grim resolve, interceptor, and strafing run.

Grants the Ravenshield. Any Ravenwing unit that is within 24" of this formation who is charged, this formation gets to overwatch them even though vehicles normally can't overwatch. Wall of death can only be used if the speeders are within 6 inches of the friendly unit.

Ravenwing Attack Squadron:

Either a bike squad or attack bike squad, and either 1 speeder or a vengeance.

Attack Squadron: If the speeder or Vengeance scores a hit against their target, the bikes bikes from this formation have +1 bs when firing at the same target.

Summon the Deathwing: Deep striking Deathwing models don't scatter if placed within 12" of this formation. Formation must have started the turn on the board for this to take effect.

Almost forgot a formation. And I figured people want to see it since the bundle is for sale.

Ravenwing Silence Squadron

2 Nephilims and a Dark Talon. They come on as a single unit, no need for separate reserve rolls.

The stasis bomb won't scatter, and causes a 2d6 initiative test picking the highest. If the warlord is slain in this way, you immediately gain D3 victory points. That rule is called capture run. (In order for the stasis bomb to trigger an initiative test you have to cause an unsaved wound. And it's str 4 ap 5).

There are other formations but they seem to be like the boring space marine formations.

Deathwing Redemption Force

And there is a Deathwing formation also. Grants Deathwing Assault on turns 2 3 or 4. And the turn they arrive the basically get battle focus (run then shoot or shoot then run).

Requirements are Belial or just about any other terminator HQ, and 2 terminator squads.

Sad news, Deathwing Assault is no longer a 'special rule' or on turn one, is now restricted to the formation, and occurs on turns 2,3,4.
    Original Post
    --------------------------------------------------------

Sounds about right, the Dark Angels were the army everyone was thinking of when 40k dropped "Make a unit Troops" in favor of FOrmations and FOC.

I wonder if they'll get access to Grav weapons, since they're reliant on the vanilla Space Marine sprues for Tacticals.
    Last edited by Bigred; 06-22-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Chapter-Master

Hope they at least get an Interrogator Chaplain clampack.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Hmm, that's disappointingly fast.

I kinda' feel like DA/BA/maybe SW should go back to a 3rd ed-ish version of modified codex marines (obviously more fleshed-out than 3rd) just so any changes to the core wouldn't need to be repeated in the others...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Numerous minor changes to bring all general equipment, units and costs into alignment with upcoming codex Space Marines.
    So, the not-even-cooled Blood Angels Codex is already going to be out of sync with the basic Marine formula?

Great.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    So, the not-even-cooled Blood Angels Codex is already going to be out of sync with the basic Marine formula?

Great.
    Sigh... Codex Thunderwolves going out of sync has me tearing up too. This new release schedule has been freaking exhausting.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Sigh... Codex Thunderwolves going out of sync has me tearing up too. This new release schedule has been freaking exhausting.
    Tell me about it. Must be nice for the Eldar, Necron and presumably Marine players soon enough. For those of us stuck with a book during the "downswing" period, tho, I guess the response is "just wait - you might be lucky enough to get a book before GW has another change of heart/rules-based sales strategy!"

I said this earlier on the main page thread, but I played a game of Infinity tonight, and it's amazing how refreshing it is to play a game that Ian't being held hostage to a company's clear financial panic.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    I said this earlier on the main page thread, but I played a game of Infinity tonight, and it's amazing how refreshing it is to play a game that Isn't being held hostage to a company's clear financial panic.
    It doesn't hurt that Infinity's a great game.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    It doesn't hurt that Infinity's a great game.
    It doesn't. GW could lead some lessons, there.

Don't worry,as a DA player, I have learnt from experience. If there is a new DA codex coming then about amonth later some big game chhanges are released that make it redundent...

On the up side, I am glad the points are being aligned with the SM dex. I hope we'll gain access to grav weapons and a flying transport? Wishful thinking?

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast