BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Can't see it at work, so I'll have to check later. The image, IIRC, shows Dreadnoughts, which makes sense, as they're Elites. Ditto Veterans. So you're required to buy Drop Pods for them?
    I don't see any Veterans, only Chaos Marines getting smacked (since Company Veterans almost certainly lack the Deathwing special rule, they won't be eligible to join the formation). And yes, the Restrictions include that units of Venerable Dreadnoughts must consist of one model which must be given a Drop Pod as a Dedicated Transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    I thought there was another deathwing type detachment with slightly different rules. Not the one where everything has to deep strike, but another one.

The "article" on the BoLS frontpage definitely mentions 2 separate organizations by name. Deathwing Strike Force and Deathwing Redemption force. It only has a codex pic for one (the strike force, where all the units have to deep strike) it then goes on to describe a "redemtpion force" but by that descriptions it is indistinguishable from the strike force. I assume its misstated, but still no clear definition of the redemption force.

Also, there's some funny wording in the strike force. It says everything has to have the deathwing special rule OR be a dedicated transport. I believe that you can take land raiders as dedicated transports for deathwing units. It then goes on to say that every model has to begin the game in "deep strike reserve" which is a term I'm not totally familiar with. I though units started in reserve and then were deployed from reserves according to their special rules, I didn't know there was a special kind of reserve for deep striking units only, also I wasn't aware that DA had deep striking land raiders, thought that was only a BA thing. So the rules conflict inherent would seem to be that you can take Land Raiders, but can never deploy them? Or does it make them deep strike capable? Am I missing something important here?
    yes im also worried land raiders wont be able to be taken though isnt there technically two formations? the generic one and the deathwing one? again i HOPE this wont be it...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    The "article" on the BoLS frontpage definitely mentions 2 separate organizations by name. Deathwing Strike Force and Deathwing Redemption force. It only has a codex pic for one (the strike force, where all the units have to deep strike) it then goes on to describe a "redemtpion force" but by that descriptions it is indistinguishable from the strike force. I assume its misstated, but still no clear definition of the redemption force.
    The Redemption Force is a formation, the Strike Force an detachment. Both have rules that say all units must start in deep strike reserve. That term, I believe, means you announce the deep striking when you place the units in reserve.

idk bout u nerds but im playin deathwing regardless. i wana know tho about this whole "counts as deathwing" for models in power armor

Gw rule writing as its finest.
    Ravenwing detachment -> 3 HQ slots.
    Lets you reroll warlord trait.
    Restriction: Only models with the Ravenwing rule.

The only character with the ravenwing rule is sammael who has a set warlord trait and is unique.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021