BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

I don't think even one of those three items will happen anytime soon so I guess whine and cheese it is!
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

First-Captain

GW do get customer service, it's one of the things they get from their retail chain, that way they listen to their customers not moaning Internet arseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I don't think you quite grasp the core concept here.

Deathwing fight exclusively in Terminator armour; that's what makes them Deathwing and not just any old First Company.
    I "grasp core concepts" quite well. They've screwed with the Dark Angels background plenty enough already, and it's hard enough to justify how they're the one chapter - despite having less access to resources and all - that can produce and maintain that many suits of TDA. There are also situations where TDA is not preferable, but neither is sending the less-experienced Marines.

It's easy enough to add the option and explain it in the fluff.

Sure, they probably won't. But it doesn't stop someone from wishing.

Oh, and feel free to leave insulting comments about how much someone "grasps" the concepts of the fluff he's been reading for nearly 30 years at the door. They add nothing to the conversation except unnecessary tension.

The tension is entirely necessary!

- - - Updated - - -

Non-TDA DA veterans get to be Company Veterans. We have them already. Talk about adding unnecessary stuff...

Deathwing was released 24 years ago..... just sayin'.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    The tension is entirely necessary!

- - - Updated - - -

Non-TDA DA veterans get to be Company Veterans. We have them already. Talk about adding unnecessary stuff...
    Are there "Company Veterans" in the DA codex? I didn't pick up the last one (thankfully).

If they're in there, I'm painting the buggers in bone white armor, because as far as I'm concerned, DA vets are Deathwing, regardless of the armor they wear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Deathwing was released 24 years ago..... just sayin'.
    Yep, and Caliban was just a recruiting world, not their homeworld, and was attacked by Genestealers, with no mention of a civil war within the Dark Angels.

Just sayin'.

Librarian

tale of two heads talking was about the fall BTW.

the genestealer invasion was the chaos cult on caliban that tried to free the chaos demon at its core..... which zahariel banished with its true name..... keping the demon handy for later.
    the brothers dying on the world is a representation of the fall, and how brother could not trust brother.

it is the way the DA are brought up in the ranks of the order.... i think i may have said too much to a non ordr member.... no doubt lord cypher will be displeased.... i must go... forget you saw me and hope the watchers get you before you spead the word.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    tale of two heads talking was about the fall BTW.

the genestealer invasion was the chaos cult on caliban that tried to free the chaos demon at its core..... which zahariel banished with its true name..... keping the demon handy for later.
    the brothers dying on the world is a representation of the fall, and how brother could not trust brother.
    That's definitely how it was rewritten.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Are there "Company Veterans" in the DA codex? I didn't pick up the last one (thankfully).

If they're in there, I'm painting the buggers in bone white armor, because as far as I'm concerned, DA vets are Deathwing, regardless of the armor they wear.
    Yes, they're in the 6th Edition Codex. Aside from points costs, if you've read the 4th Edition Codex, you already know what their options are.

The 6th Edition Codex also introduced Black Knights; the Ravenwing Veterans. I'm curious to see whether you'd paint them bone or black or your brush would just output "403[url=http://www.nuklearpower.com/2005/10/11/episode-610-logic/].[/url]"

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/303857-rumours-dark-angels-codex-interrogator-chaplain/page-30#entry4089941"]Master Sheol[/URL] 6-16-2015

Dark Angels Codex /Limited Edition Sighted
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1434481784212.jpg 
Views:	1401 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	14628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1434482017783.jpg 
Views:	1512 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	14629

in some of the tidbits is mentioned the following:
    "Dark angels are known for their discipline (even guilliman respects says that) need proof? look at the overwatch fire of a battle demi-company!"

and "dark angels are known to attack hard and fast. expect the deathwing to assault on turn 2"

the upcomming WD has(sorry if it isnt 100% translated):
    - at the dusk of a new age...
    -...we are celebrating warhammer
    - new mission: hunt The Fallen

no real leaks yet dear friends. expect them on the following tuesday/wednesday. when i got the book in my hands.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast