BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    They got a formation instead, which is what I expected.
    Basically the thing they're doing with all of them. Space Marine Bikes were a surprising change from them going that direction, and I still can't figure that one out, especially as you can put a Techmarine on a bike and then get Bikes as Troops.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Calling out the people who said "They'll never take troop status away from Deathwing terminators EVER!!!!"
    do we know for a fact that they have removed Deathwing/Ravenwing troops?

hear me out...

it's not in the formation rules. but what if it doesn't need to be?

in the C:SM, it lists the "turn bikers to troops" rule where? it's not in a detachment, but in the Bike unit description.

i have not seen the entry for the DW/RW squads... do they have the ability listed there?

i could be wrong, as i have not seen the entries (or even the description of bikes in their wargear section, where it my also be). but it's not safe to assume that bikes/terminators would lose ObSec just because they didn't grant it where it would make the most sense to look for it.

this is, after all GW we're talking about here.

Chapter-Master

It looks like Deathwing lost the first turn deep strike as well.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Fly Lord

Via [URL="http://forum.spikeybits.com/showthread.php?21907-New-Space-Marine-Codex-Rumor-Roundup/page2"]a true son of The Lion[/URL] 6-22-2015

Battle Demi Company

is a Company Master/Chaplain, 3 tac squads, 1 assault squad, 1 Devastator squad, with 0-1 options for Veterans, Command Squad, and Dreadnoughts. Grants all models with grim resolve BS3 overwatch. If taken as part of the Lions Blade, that goes up to full bs overwatch. If two Battle Demi companies are taken in the Lions Blade, all transports are free.

Ravenwing Support Squad:

3 Land Speeders and either a Darkshroud or Vengeance. They gain grim resolve, interceptor, and strafing run.

Grants the Ravenshield. Any Ravenwing unit that is within 24" of this formation who is charged, this formation gets to overwatch them even though vehicles normally can't overwatch. Wall of death can only be used if the speeders are within 6 inches of the friendly unit.

Ravenwing Attack Squadron:

Either a bike squad or attack bike squad, and either 1 speeder or a vengeance.

Attack Squadron: If the speeder or Vengeance scores a hit against their target, the bikes bikes from this formation have +1 bs when firing at the same target.

Summon the Deathwing: Deep striking Deathwing models don't scatter if placed within 12" of this formation. Formation must have started the turn on the board for this to take effect.

Almost forgot a formation. And I figured people want to see it since the bundle is for sale.

Ravenwing Silence Squadron

2 Nephilims and a Dark Talon. They come on as a single unit, no need for separate reserve rolls.

The stasis bomb won't scatter, and causes a 2d6 initiative test picking the highest. If the warlord is slain in this way, you immediately gain D3 victory points. That rule is called capture run. (In order for the stasis bomb to trigger an initiative test you have to cause an unsaved wound. And it's str 4 ap 5).

There are other formations but they seem to be like the boring space marine formations.

Deathwing Redemption Force

And there is a Deathwing formation also. Grants Deathwing Assault on turns 2 3 or 4. And the turn they arrive the basically get battle focus (run then shoot or shoot then run).

Requirements are Belial or just about any other terminator HQ, and 2 terminator squads.

Sad news, Deathwing Assault is no longer a 'special rule' or on turn one, is now restricted to the formation, and occurs on turns 2,3,4.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

For all my fellow Dark Angels players, I made this:
    (Dark Angels 40K)Interrogator-Chaplain Ezrit's Dark Hunters: 5000 Points.
    (Mechanicum 30K)The Frontier Maniple of Archmagos-Gladius Daschiel Glass: 575 Points.

If Deathwing Assault is now a Formation rule, I wonder if the cost of the models dropped to be in line with vanilla Terminators?

The new deathwing formation appears to have a problem unless there is something we haven't seen. A pure DW force will be an auto lose.

Everything in the DW formation has to start in reserve and cannot deep strike until turn 2, therefore you have nothing on the table at the end of turn 1, and according to the basic rule book you lose.

Seems that way from the rumours we have - assuming they give a complete picture.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I like the new detachments and formations. The great thing about it is that it allows you to field a very diverse force that has some great rules. The question I ask is do the tactical squads, assault squads and devastator squads get the Codex Astartes rule where they get the doctrines like the Vanilla marines do or is that purely reserved for the Codex Spacemarines chapters.

JvK

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    I like the new detachments and formations. The great thing about it is that it allows you to field a very diverse force that has some great rules. The question I ask is do the tactical squads, assault squads and devastator squads get the Codex Astartes rule where they get the doctrines like the Vanilla marines do or is that purely reserved for the Codex Spacemarines chapters.

JvK
    Units with the Chapter Tactics rules get them, Dark Angels have their own special rules instead.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast