BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by musical-fool View Post
    Don't worry,as a DA player, I have learnt from experience. If there is a new DA codex coming then about amonth later some big game chhanges are released that make it redundent...
    ROFL

On the up side, I am glad the points are being aligned with the SM dex. I hope we'll gain access to grav weapons and a flying transport? Wishful thinking?
    Under the new philosophy it's all about the formations. Who knows, maybe Dark Angels will actually get a bone this time around.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Paying $50+ every two years for a codex really sucks the big one. Does this also mean another $80+ rulebook is happening this year too? This is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Tell me about it. Must be nice for the Eldar, Necron and presumably Marine players soon enough. For those of us stuck with a book during the "downswing" period, tho, I guess the response is "just wait - you might be lucky enough to get a book before GW has another change of heart/rules-based sales strategy!"

I said this earlier on the main page thread, but I played a game of Infinity tonight, and it's amazing how refreshing it is to play a game that Ian't being held hostage to a company's clear financial panic.
    My biggest problem is just that there's such a difference in army rules, and even units within a codex, that if you don't play the "right" army - much less the "right" units in that army - you can end up playing a game that's just 3-4 hours of one-sided beating. Over time, playing enough of those games can be trying on a person.

Must be a really big game if a one-sided beating is taking three hours. I generally find my mismatches are over in one or less; it's the really close, bloody-minded slugging matches that take ages.

anyone else only mad about the fact that the DA character sculpts are horrible.... i want a new belial... things awful

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Must be a really big game if a one-sided beating is taking three hours. I generally find my mismatches are over in one or less; it's the really close, bloody-minded slugging matches that take ages.
    Nah... a 2000 point match can drag out like that at times. You throw your wad at the opposing army, don't do much damage, and they chew into your army gradually until it just collapses. Heck, if it was a really quick match, I'd at least have time to find something to do to wash the bad taste out.

Quote Originally Posted by eosgreen View Post
    anyone else only mad about the fact that the DA character sculpts are horrible.... i want a new belial... things awful
    Well belial is the only one I would say is horrible. Asmodai, Sam the man, azrael and ezekiel are all good imho.
    However, as Belial has always been a conversion in the past, I don't everyone will be happy with a single GW model simply because it won't represent every individual conversion/idea.

I am still hoping they put heavy plasmas as an option for attack bikes as they did for the Deathwing.
    1st legion bonus weapons 40k volkites? Again wishful thinking, I can't help it!!!

Well belial is the only one I would say is horrible. Asmodai, Sam the man, azrael and ezekiel are all good imho.
    However, as Belial has always been a conversion in the past, I don't everyone will be happy with a single GW model simply because it won't represent every individual conversion/idea.

I am still hoping they put heavy plasmas as an option for attack bikes as they did for the Deathwing.
    1st legion bonus weapons 40k volkites? Again wishful thinking, I can't help it!!!

the conversion options are not that great and finecast librarian looks like **** imo.... the other special characters are meh. id love to see a legit good kitbashed belial and azrael. im a great painter but a terrible sculptor
    Last edited by eosgreen; 05-22-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Well with the latest releases for SM and the included DA upgrade sprue and decal sheet, it's looking more likely that there'll just be a limited release for the codex, if and when the DA are redone.

I was impressed with the FW 30k decal sheets they released a few weeks back, but the ones GW are about to release for DA amongst others are just as incredible albeit on the expensive side.

I'm most excited about the banners on them. I'm nowhere near artsy enough to do my own, and those paper ones have always looked 'Orrible.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast