BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Forgeworld Airbrush Range - pre-order.

[url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff]Probably easier to link to the main New Stuff page.[/url]

Here they are folks.

[url=http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/FORGE_WORLD_SOLUTION.html]There's also Forgeworld Solution which is not, as I expected, a dietary replacement allowing us to spend less on food and more on resin. Do not, repeat do not drink this![/url]
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

With shipping they work out at £4.30 a pot. I'm interested to see how good they are, but not at that price.

Chapter-Master

I'm too scared to pick up an airbrush due to all the maintenance they need, I'd probably bodge it and break the thing somehow knowing how clumsy I am! Still cool, and it seems intended specifically for the SM legions too. I'm surprised they didn't release a metallic blue for Alpha Legion though, or is there a way to recreate that scheme using the airbrush paints they have? (Just curious is all)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I'm too scared to pick up an airbrush due to all the maintenance they need, I'd probably bodge it and break the thing somehow knowing how clumsy I am! Still cool, and it seems intended specifically for the SM legions too. I'm surprised they didn't release a metallic blue for Alpha Legion though, or is there a way to recreate that scheme using the airbrush paints they have? (Just curious is all)
    I thought the same a long time ago, until I finally decided to pick one up (Triplex Airbrush back then). The entry price to this tool is not cheap, as you need some stuff (I wouldn't recommend running it from anything other than a compressor. I tried running a cheap airbrush from a can at first, similar to how GW advertised them later...was not content at all).

Regardling the cleaning? To be honest, this is how I use my two airbrushes: fill them with color, do what I want to do. When I am finished, I blow through about two to three fillings of airbrush cleaner (into an airbrush mug, with a filter), and then fill it again with airbrush cleaner and let it rest. That's it. From time to time, I check the o-rings and treat them with some grease, and maybe once a year I clean them thorougly with airbrush cleaner. When I am an idiot and touch something with it I change the needle (didn't need to do that in quite some time).

For many effects - most often with larger kits/tanks/titans - I can't think how I would go without them. Recently I got into some Terminator 2 kits from Pegasus and I am happy I have my airbrush to give them a perfect chrome finish.

Trust me, looking after a good normal brush (cleaning it on soap etc.) is not much more work after a painting session than running a couple of loads of airbrush cleaner through your airbrush. Once it starts bubbling or spottering, it's only a few parts that may cause trouble (defect O-ring, bent needle etc.). Even cleaning the nozzle with an airbrush cleaner/pick is quite easy.

If you have the money to afford a good airbrush set, I can only suggest to do it. It will find use again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't release a metallic blue for Alpha Legion though, or is there a way to recreate that scheme using the airbrush paints they have? (Just curious is all)
    I think what they expect you to do is spray them with their silver paint and then coat it with their transparent blue and transparent green