BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Sisters of Battle ideas

Please note: these ideas are more or less focused on cool stuff that could be done with SOB, not stuff that a new codex necessarily should have. Be they ideas for wargear, new units that would fit the SOB army, or even just cool special rules that would work with the army, let's give them some love.

Okay, let's get started.

Idea for Acts of Faith: Acts of faith are army wide rules that can be changed at the start of each of the SOB's turns. A SOB army may only have 1 Act Of Faith active at a time.

Shield of faith: All units in the army get a 4++ save.
    Undying Resolve: All units with a toughness value get Feel No Pain. All Vehicles gain It Will Not Die.
    Wings of the Emperor: All units in the army get Crusader and Fleet. In addition, all units in the army may charge in the same turn as they ran.
    Wrath of the Emperor: All units in the army get Furious Charge, Hammer of Wrath, and Hatred.
    Suffer not the Witch: All units in the army get Adamantium Will, and may reroll failed Deny The Witch checks.
    Armour of Contempt: All units in the army may choose whether they pass or fail any pinning, morale or fear check they are called upon to make. In addition, their leadership is considered to be 10 for any effect that uses that score (EG: Psychic Shriek)
    Hammer of Judgement: All units get Preferred Enemy and Rage.

Wargear Ideas: The sisters love fire, so let's give them some.

Combi-Flamers as standard issue weapons to any Sister with a Boltgun.
    Purifier Flamers/Heavy Flamers: Special Flamers and Heavy Flamers with the Soul Blaze special rule.
    Incendiary Grenades: Assault Grenades with Ignores Cover.

More fun ideas?

I'd be up for much of that.

Acts of Faith definitely need to be worked on, and apply army wide. Faith Points sounded fun, but became an exercise in book keeping.

And non-standard wargear - blessed Flamers perhaps?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm personally a fan of the idea that SOB characters should either have It Will Not Die (6+) or Feel No Pain (6+) to represent their incredible faith allowing them to soldier on despite mortal wounds.

I'd also be a fan of giving them some kind of melta-flamethrower (maybe a S6 heavy flamer with Armour Bane and Gets Hot).

Idea:

Bride of the Holy Flame: WS 3 BS 3 S 3 T 3 W 2 I 3 A 2.
    Brides of the Holy Flame are initiates of the Sisters of Battle who use the Emperor's gift of their Psyker powers to unleash purifying flame against the enemies of man. Wreathed in flame, they stride across the battlefield with burning conviction.

Psyker 1 (A Bride of the Holy Flames may ONLY learn powers from the Pyromancy Discipline. Brides of the Holy Flames always have the Fiery Form power in addition to their normal powers, and any roll that would result in them getting this power again must be rerolled.)

Blessed by the Inferno: Flamer, Plasma and Melta weapons reroll successful to wound rolls against a Bride of the Holy Flames.

Self Immolation: If a Bride of the Sacred Flames is killed in close combat, place a small blast marker over her model. Every Model touched by this marker takes a S4, AP5 hit with the Ignores Cover and Soul Blaze special rules. This attack rerolls successful wounds against models from Codex: Sisters of Battle.

Equipment:
    Power Armour.
    Hand Flamer.
    Inferno Pistol.
    Incendiary Grenades.
    Melta Bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    I'm personally a fan of the idea that SOB characters should either have It Will Not Die (6+) or Feel No Pain (6+) to represent their incredible faith allowing them to soldier on despite mortal wounds.

I'd also be a fan of giving them some kind of melta-flamethrower (maybe a S6 heavy flamer with Armour Bane and Gets Hot).

Idea:

Bride of the Holy Flame: WS 3 BS 3 S 3 T 3 W 2 I 3 A 2.
    Brides of the Holy Flame are initiates of the Sisters of Battle who use the Emperor's gift of their Psyker powers to unleash purifying flame against the enemies of man. Wreathed in flame, they stride across the battlefield with burning conviction.

Psyker 1 (A Bride of the Holy Flames may ONLY learn powers from the Pyromancy Discipline. Brides of the Holy Flames always have the Fiery Form power in addition to their normal powers, and any roll that would result in them getting this power again must be rerolled.)

Blessed by the Inferno: Flamer, Plasma and Melta weapons reroll successful to wound rolls against a Bride of the Holy Flames.

Self Immolation: If a Bride of the Sacred Flames is killed in close combat, place a small blast marker over her model. Every Model touched by this marker takes a S4, AP5 hit with the Ignores Cover and Soul Blaze special rules. This attack rerolls successful wounds against models from Codex: Sisters of Battle.

Equipment:
    Power Armour.
    Hand Flamer.
    Inferno Pistol.
    Incendiary Grenades.
    Melta Bombs.
    Brides To me shouldn't have Power armor but a 4++(maybe 5?) due to the flames that soak over them and stop incoming fire, and the should be bolt/chain 'flame' swords(chainswords that just are lit on fire, maybe also cause soul blaze?). and I'd remove the reroll vrs sisters. They will still get their 3+. Maybe Re-roll/no effect vr other Brides.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron LeClair View Post
    Brides To me shouldn't have Power armor but a 4++(maybe 5?) due to the flames that soak over them and stop incoming fire, and the should be bolt/chain 'flame' swords(chainswords that just are lit on fire, maybe also cause soul blaze?). and I'd remove the reroll vrs sisters. They will still get their 3+. Maybe Re-roll/no effect vr other Brides.
    I considered that (Fiery Form includes a 4++, so would do the job) but I figured that I was safer just adding power armour rather than being accused of wanting nuns with guns running around nekked. Also, not seeing much reason in universe to not wear armour, apart from possibly faith that the emperor will protect... which would work just fine to justify it, really.

Chaplain

The flamers that the 30k sallies have could be applied to this as well. I think they are called pyroclasts.

The pyroclast flame projectors fire as either perfectly normal flamers (with +1S due to the Legion equivalent of Chapter Tactics, but the Sisters wouldn't get that) or 6", S6 meltas. I think Tu'Shan might object if he found out the Sisters stole them all, though.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    The pyroclast flame projectors fire as either perfectly normal flamers (with +1S due to the Legion equivalent of Chapter Tactics, but the Sisters wouldn't get that) or 6", S6 meltas. I think Tu'Shan might object if he found out the Sisters stole them all, though.
    Guess he shoulda been a better servant of the emperor! Yoink!

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    I considered that (Fiery Form includes a 4++, so would do the job) but I figured that I was safer just adding power armour rather than being accused of wanting nuns with guns running around nekked. Also, not seeing much reason in universe to not wear armour, apart from possibly faith that the emperor will protect... which would work just fine to justify it, really.
    I wasn't thinking naked in the least. They would be wearing dresses or some modest in loo that will stand out without looking like it was made to sell by sex. leave the naked/little clothing to the Repentia. lol
    Last edited by Aaron LeClair; 05-22-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Okay, let's get some ideas up for warlord traits. How about:

Immense Faith: Once per game, an army led by a warlord with this trait may choose to activate a second act of faith at the start of their turn. This second act of faith effects all units with the Acts of Faith special rule in the army, and lasts until the start of the controlling player's next turn.

Death From Above: Deep striking units within 12" of the warlord do not scatter.

Fury of the Emperor: The warlord gains the Rage special rule.

Armour of contempt: The Warlord may reroll saving throws of 1.

Undying Faith: The Warlord gains the It Will Not Die special rule.

Okay, that's enough to be getting on with. Maybe some other ideas:

From the Heavens: Units containing a model with this special rule may choose to reroll scatter when deep striking.

Wrath of the Righteous: A unit with this special rule who is targeted by a successfully cast Maladiction, Witchfire, Focused Witchfire, or Nova power (whether or not said power was successfully denied [see Deny The Witch]) gains the Preferred Enemy (Psykers) special rule during their next turn. In addition, should they assault a unit with a psyker attached to the target unit then they gain the benefits of the Hammer of Wrath special rule during that assault.

I'm also thinking that a close combat unit called "The Weeping Ones" or something to that effect. Sisters of Battle who spend all their time mourning for the Emperor's pain and sacrifices, wear black robes instead of armour, carry only simple things (eg knives) and have a ton of special rules (EG Hatred, Shred, Rending) that allow them to take apart those who took so much from their beloved Emperor. Maybe give them a 5++ save due to their faith. Thoughts on this concept?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast