BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Anyone know where to get meltaguns?

Hey guys

I need 5 melta guns for a chaos marine army I'm building
    Now i know GW sells a pack of 5 metal melta guns (try saying that fast 10 times )
    Anyway I'm not keen on the idea of metal. So does anyone know any websites (preferably UK based please) that sell bits and plastic meltas
    I already tried bits and kits UK but all their melta guns are out of stock and could be like that for some time

Thanks in advance guys

Chaplain

Warstore's Battlewagon Bits.

Cadian command sprue meltagun arm = $8.99
    Chaos Marines Melta Bit = $5.99
    SM Tac Squad Meltagun Bit = $5.99

Hence why people go metal
    http://whiskey40k.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

The GW direct is your best bet. They still have free shipping for min order of 15$ usd. That just a little over the cost of 10 meltas.

I picked up a pack for my guardsmen a while back. The metal glued in just fine.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

The only place I know with Chaos Melta is [url]http://www.thewarstore.com/product31688.html[/url]

Stick with the metal pack. The extra effort is well worth the money saved.

First-Captain

Oddly enough I've found some great bitz buys off of ebay. Most ebay retailers selling bitz will give you a deal on shipping as well.

Other than that, thewarstore.com is always a good resource. But I've noticed that warstore gets overpricey on certain bitz that they feel are in higher demand/need. That's what led me to check out ebay and save more money.

Eh, that's capitalism for you sir. Not saying it's the best thing out there, but it's a thing.

Librarian

[url]http://bitzbarn.com/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22_34_91&products_id=1220[/url]

There's one place to get one.

Wow, that's cheap!

P.S.: The OT said he already checked there and in fact, they are out of stock.

Librarian

My bad, though he said he checked bits and kits. Maybe I'm just tired and read it wrong. Nonetheless, it's an option.

What also works is getting a plastic multi-melta, such as from an Immolater kit, cutting the barrel in half to form two melta barrels. Then, take a bolter, cut off the magazine and barrel, glue on the melta barrel. Also, for the little fuel tank, take a fuel cannister from a Catachan flamer/Chaos flamer (basically one that has the little can thingy on the bottom), cut that in half length-wise, and glue it to the side of the bolter. Voila, a melta. Albeit ad-hoc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast