BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Is Lash of Submission a psychic shooting attack?

Lash of Submission in the CSM codex, says it is used instead of firing another ranged weapon, so does that make it a psychic shooting attack?

It doesn't specifically state that it is, and doesn't have a strength/AP value.

Need to know as I'm guna be running a lash sorcerer in a land radier for a new army, so depending on the answer it will make a difference.

Thanks in advance

Yes, it's a psychic shooting attack - note that page 88 says "instead of using another ranged weapon," and not, "instead of using a ranged weapon," which would be more ambiguous. It doesn't have to roll to hit, as you get to move the target upon passing the psychic test, but it does follow other shooting rules (e.g., you can't run if you use it, you would need a fire point to use it from a vehicle, etc.). Why do you ask?

Brother-Sergeant

Cheers for clearin that up man

Well I ask because I'm guna be running two lash sorcerers inside raiders in a new chaos army I'm making (its on the forum, the thread is called 2000 point semi-competitive chaos army)

Stoo out

Ah, I see. No, you can't use Lash of Submission from within a Land Raider. I note for extra clarity that even if Lash weren't a psychic shooting attack, you couldn't use it from within a Land Raider, as the power specifies it can only be used on "visible" enemy units.

Hypothesys: what if the LR had fire points?

Then you would have vision....

Then you'd be able to use Lash, as it is a psychic shooting attack.

If we also hypothesize that it isn't a psychic shooting attack, then you'd [technically] need a [likely uncontroversial] house rule, as fire points cannot [technically] be used for anything other than shooting.