BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Praise the Omnissiah!

Froth froth frothity froth froth FROOOOOOTTTTTHHHH!!

Yep, I'm a tad excited with the Mechanicum toys that have come out the past month or so. Not only are the kits really quite special, but they're accompanying rules are pleasing to mine eyes.

From the relatively humble Skitarii Vanguard, via the really very nice Kastellan to the suitably bizarre Electro-Priests, not only have I finally got my weak, fleshy mitts on an army I've been fascinated since I first got into 40k (around 25 years, fact fans!) but GW have absolutely hit it for six in all areas.

The armies seem to work quite nicely (of course at time of writing, I can't be 100% on the Cult Mechanicus) and whilst packed with lots of very groovy new toys, nothing leaps off the page to me as being disgustingly nasty (well, except that War Convocation!) or otherwise no-brained.

And even the simple things, like the background to new weapons is fantakka. I think my favourite addition is the Kataphron Torsion Cannon. Stats are nice, special rule is very nice (you can Chinese Burn monstrous creatures to death in short order), but it's the small amount of text that sold them to me. It generates fluctuating torsion fields, and rips the target apart. Yes Please Omnisanta, I'll have three (well, okay....I only went with two in my unit - the Heavy Arc Rifle was too tempting to entirely ignore). I mean, just how 40k technohorror is that?. I've got a mental image of the field effect being invisible, and random members of a squad simply being rent and wrenched apart. It's a hideous, hideous weapon, and I loves it!

Anyone else got a bad case of the froths for this?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

it is amazing to see a whole new army, with entirely new weapons, very exciting. I am loving the army, and loving what it means for 40k, a bright future indeed with these, harlequins etc.

I know a certain Mr Yorkie is rather excited too.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Librarian

I agree I think though some parts of this Codex are pretty brutal overall they did an amazing job on a whole scale. I have a ton of the RT mechanicus and Robots so im really happy to see this come to life in this way

I now have in my mind a second take on Torsion Cannons....they cast out gravitic anomalies in advance of the approaching foe, leaving small areas of the battlefield utterly lethal. The processing power available to an Ark Mechanicus and its accompanying war machine is more than up to the task of running sufficiently predictive algorithms....

No idea if that's how they work, but that's my head canon!

Chapter-Master

I want to add a krios and a thanatar to my ad mech, whether forge world legalise it or not, I don't really care
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.