BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A list made entirely of Scatter Laser jetbikes (so 55 bikes in 1500pts) could do ~80 models of damage per turn to Guardsmen without cover, which would, assuming no casualties to the bikes, kill the Guardsmen above in 4 turns, assuming no wasted wounds, 5 most likely if there were. They almost certainly will take casualties though, and with 4+ cover, it goes down to ~60 casualties per turn, with Go to Ground of the Incoming! order being used on some of the units, it becomes impossible for the jetbikes to remove enough Guardsmen through shooting alone, but maybe possible if they assault on the last turn, or assault squads with very few models left (assaulting large units will probably waste shooting). Either way, unless playing on an open battlefield, the Jetbikes would not be able to kill all the Guardsmen in most scenarios.

A Wraithknight would be pretty useless for the most part shooting at such a list, but Stomps would make an impact. Not sure how quick it could remove an entire unit with stomps though.
    Last edited by Haighus; 05-25-2015 at 07:10 AM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Not if it had two shoulder weapons and a suncannon!

Veteran-Sergeant

Honestly, if I knew I was coming up against a list like this then you'd be seeing a lot of monofiliment artillery on the field. Even then I doubt it would be enough.

Maybe 3 hemlock wraithfighters working in tandem with a large number of ranger squads? Snipe the IC's making the blobs fearless then use terror tactics to force them to flee? Even then, I'm not sure you could do it in time.

Striking scorpions would have a field day, if they survived the incoming fire long enough to assault.

Actually, that's pretty much the major problem: anything hardy enough to weather this kind of firepower long enough to assault is going to be either a walker, an MC, or a squad of terminators (or bigger versions of the above). Dreadnoughts don't have enough attacks to make their points back in CC against fearless conscripts, nor to most MCs. Terminators are better, as they merely need to kill 13 conscripts each to pay for themselves and that's doable with a squad armed with power claws, but they're also far more vulnerable to being mobbed to death in CC.

Oh god, I just had a vision of a 'nid monster list getting completely roflstomped by wave after wave of humans piling up on them until they collapse from the weight. Anything at toughness 6 or below WILL DIE eventually to sheer weight of strength 3. Anything else is going to get a melta bomb to the face. The only real counter to the pink tide is super-heavies, and because they lack numbers the massive mob will still win.

Do conscripts get grenades? If so, what type?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Not if it had two shoulder weapons and a suncannon!
    even with that, you're shooting at 3pt/model units. Probably in cover too. If they go to ground then your not really going to be doing much with that fancy gun rig. Even if you average 7-8 kills a round shooting that thing, you're only making back 21-24 points per turn.

Librarian

i dont think I could shoot all of your models but in an all infantry war perhaps a nid list heavy in broodlords and fear causing devices (MCs, specialized Infantry) could possibly chase many of them off the board without firing a shot...

better include more priests...

also forgot, conscrpits get frags
    Last edited by Arkhan Land; 05-25-2015 at 07:37 AM.

There was a Priest/Commissar for every large squad, I didn't bother with Commissars for the Command Squads, didn't think it was worth it. Would probably just hide them behind the blobs, preferably out of LOS, and most likely issuing the Incoming! order.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Have just worked out a list using the Renegades and Heretics list in IA13 that puts out 446 bodies at 1500pts O.o
    Has 24 units of basic Infantry squads, 18 of them with 15 models, 1 with 16 models, and 5 with 30 models with Enforcers attached (Heretic Commissars), with a Command Squad using the Master of the Horde rule, so any of the destroyed Infantry squads is replaced on a 5+ on being destroyed... (hence why most of the squads are the minimum squad size for the rule to take effect, with the large squads being only to take advantage of the Ld buffs). Requires cover though, because most of the units don't have armour saves.

That would be a painful deployment and movement phase...

Removing the Enforcers can extend that to a whopping 483 bodies in 1500pts, the Command squad, 28 16-strong squads, and 2 15-strong squads, in one Objective Secured detachment; still with the returning on a 5+ rule.
    Last edited by Haighus; 05-25-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Maybe not neverending (I've done it in the past, it was hilarious), but seeing as Conscripts are now 3pts/model, it is only 150pts (175 with Priest/Commissar) for the whole unit, so you can have 2 units per Knight. I think a Knight will struggle to get through 100 Fearless bodies in 5 turns.

Company Command Squad =60pts
    Priest x5 =150pts
    x5 Meltabombs
    Commissar x1 =30pts
    x1 Meltabombs

Infantry Platoon =440pts
    Platoon Command Squad
    Infantry Squad x5
    x1 Meltabombs
    Conscript Squad (+30 additional Conscripts)

Infantry Platoon =435pts
    Platoon Command Squad
    Infantry Squad x5

Infantry Platoon =385pts
    Platoon Command Squad
    Infantry Squad x4

Total= 1500pts

Has a total of 150 Conscripts, 140 Guardsmen, 6 ICs and 20 men in Command Squads. If you get everything into cover, that will take some removing! I added the smattering of melta because there were points spare and it allows them to harm everything... eventually.

It could essentially place a blob squad onto every objective on the board, and everything has Objective Secured.
    I feel obliged to point out that neither Priests nor Commissars have access to melta bombs. (Although infantry squad sergeants do-so they can just be moved to them)

Really? Damn. Didn't have my Codex with me so I assumed they would. Thanks for the correction As you say, they can be shifted to the infantry Sergeants, although I was hoping to give Meltabombs to the Conscripts.

I'd say a lot would also depend on the set up. Items such cover can make a big difference
    Also, are you just putting the models outin an effort to get a high body count or are you trying to prevent ting hits? Forample bunched or max distanceorganization to prevent pir plates?
    Whatweapons are you firing? heavy bolter spam or pie plate spam? Also, what are the targets? guardsmenor marines?
    I think there are too many variables offhand.

Veteran-Sergeant

Khorne Daemonkin army with nothing but a Lord and 8 man cultist units.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast