BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm just walking with a ghost: Deathwing Army

The Dark Angels were my very first army, back with RTB01 back in 1990. As a result, the Deathwing are kind of close to my heart, and this is my modern version. There are a few conversions dotted around; mostly kitbashes, although there are a few minor scratchbuilt components and sculpted details. Nowhere near as much as I usually do, though. I've had this army undercoated and waiting for details for six years now. I finally got around to it. Took about five days to do everything, which is one of the fastest turnarounds I've had on any army ever.

Command Squads Munkar and Nakir:

Squad Munkar is lead by Interrogator-Chaplain Maalik, who is my stand-in for Belial (because I can't stand the Belial model).

Storm Shield details:

Tactical Terminator Squad Mu'aqqibat:

Tactical Terminator Squad Ridwan:

Assault Terminator Squad Israfil:

Whole army shot (sorry for the blur/dimness!)

I didn't have any tranfers of the Deathwing logo, so I basically had to freehand everything. To camouflage the fact I can't do consistently accurate Deathwing markings, everyone's got a slightly different version of the logo: single wing versions for former Ravenwing riders; designs incorporating the Inquisition's seal for former Deathwatch; chapter markings from other chapters to indicate former Chapter diplomats and the like.

Close-ups of freehand shoulderpad markings:

Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 05-26-2015 at 06:23 PM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

wow, those look incredible, especially the freehand stuff.

Dark Angels were my first 40k army too, though eight years later. I'd be tempted by a deathwing army too, especially with the new box.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

The 'Dark Vengeance' models really are eminently convertable. The only issue is that with the two identical guys, you're going to need a Dremel and spare helmets if you're going to want significantly different poses.

Chapter-Master

how many of them are dark vengeance terminators?

Ten. The rest are a mix of 'Black Reach' Terminators and standard tactical/assault Terminators.

Oh, and a variety of bits left over from my [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?53209-Deathwatch-Knights]Deathwatch Knights[/url] conversions.

Chapter-Master

no deathwing boxes then?

Not full ones, no. Just the bitz.

Chapter-Master

impressive. I do like the new deathwing box, lots of cool bits.

Very nice, Mr Necromancer. And I much prefer your Maalik, what was GW thinking with the Belial model?

Chapter-Master

Very nice! Deathwing has always been near and dear to me as well. The freehanded designs look great! Nice touch going with the variations to disguise the fact that replicating a freehand design is a nightmare.

I'm old school enough that I'm keeping the native American theme with these guys. That bit of fluff was some of the first I ever read.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast