BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 40k Live Action Film - Interesting bit of info on a past attempt.

Evening all,

I'm currently watching a Q&A session with Paul W.S. Anderson and his friend on YouTube with regards to Event Horizon. Around the 24 minute mark someone raises the question with regards to Warhammer fans liking the film due to its similarities with 40k's Warp, both of them state they are Warhammer fans and that they did in fact talk to GW about making a film but it never got anywhere.

It's nice to finally know who has tried to get one made and perhaps where at least one of the rumours came from.

That's all
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Veteran-Sergeant

As much money as GW loves to make, I never understood why they never went for a big budget live action movie. I think the HH would make an awsome TV series or Movie series.
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Chapter-Master

I've never understood why people want a *film*.

F**k films, they should do a big budget tv series - something like GoT or Spartacus ect. I want 10 one-hour episodes, not a few hours of action and then waiting years for a possible sequel.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Veteran-Sergeant

A game of golden thrones, perhaps?

*Blam!* HERESY!

I would love a Gaunts Ghost series produced by HBO/Netflix or AMC... Just as long as that hack Paul W.S. Anderson isn't involved.

Chaplain

The background is a little too "dark" for mass media, I think...

Can you imagine how much they'd have to "saccharine up" the background so people wouldn't lose their minds over the overtly fascist and xenophobic elements?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bubonicus View Post
    The background is a little too "dark" for mass media, I think...

Can you imagine how much they'd have to "saccharine up" the background so people wouldn't lose their minds over the overtly fascist and xenophobic elements?
    That's why god invented HBO. Just don't let David Benioff and D.B. Weiss anywhere near it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

If they're happy enough to show Game of "rape all the livelong day" Thrones, I don't see why they'd have a problem with juvenat treatments made of children, lobotomised meat-robots, sacrificing psykers to the Golden Throne, killing innocents for being on the same planet as a daemon, and various alien races who think human meat is grrreat.

Simple issue?

Marketing rights.

There's your stumbling block right there.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

I've got a feeling that GW wouldn't know how to go about doing a 40k movie, and they are superprotective of their IP. Sure there might be producers willing to do it but there is probaby a bigger problem.

What studio would be willing to front the $$ for a movie. I doubt any studio would feel there is a large enough market/desire for a 40k movie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast