BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Chapter-Master

pipe rifle with early modifications does more damage than the base hunting rifle
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I never used it base. Returned to sanctuary asap for upgrades as soon as got one. (it was a cut down short one) and raiders only generally had pistols at the time as well.

- - - Updated - - -

plus I was from the world that was I didn't want so bodged together barbaric pipe rifle.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I was probably level 9 or 10 before I found a weapon that wasn't pipe-based

Cleared out the Corvega Plant. Eventually. Was OK.

Now I'm clearing out more Raiders, whose ****ty little pop guns seem to ignore power armour (which I ensured was properly patched up beforehand) entirely.

Got so say, I'm not especially enjoying this game.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

it is quite different definitely. it explains nothing, it can be a pain in the ***. in some ways you take from it whatever you want, and if there is nothing there you want, I can understand. I have put a lot of time in to settlement building, my brother equally has avoided it, because he doesn't play Fallout games for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I'll have to go there. I've only been in the entrance to Dunwhich to recover a settler. I've not really explored the extreme north east of the map yet.
    Pinkman Gallery is in the southeast. With Dunwich Borers, you have to actually go inside to really experience all of it. Outside is just a bunch of raiders. Inside is where the fun begins.

I think the extreme north east is also where Salem (and the Witchcraft school) is. Sadly, I wasn't able to learn any witchcraft or even just get a witch outfit from there. Wasted opportunity. :-P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Cleared out the Corvega Plant. Eventually. Was OK.

Now I'm clearing out more Raiders, whose ****ty little pop guns seem to ignore power armour (which I ensured was properly patched up beforehand) entirely.

Got so say, I'm not especially enjoying this game.
    Don't feel ashamed to go into options and turn down the combat difficulty, especially if it's hurting your enjoyment of the game. Some fights can be really brutal, even if you're an FPS veteran, and unlike Battlefront you don't have more than one person helping you (and sometimes their help is questionable).

Power armor being ignored sounds like the combat settings are a bit too high. Granted, I didn't use the power armor that much early on, and by the time I started using it to tangle serious stuff, I'd modded the heck out of it.

Even if it's not your thing, I'd definitely recommend taking time whenever you can to use a cooking station or chemical lab to craft food and/or drugs. They can come in handy, but more importantly, that bit of extra XP will help you level faster.

You can turn down combat difficulty?

Melon. Farmer.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 12-01-2015 at 02:19 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Putting it on Very Easy has helped considerably.

Started some construction stuff, but if I'm honest the game still feels like a chore.

Go over there, do this, grab that, back to here, rinse and repeat.

Chapter-Master

the story missions are a lot less repetitive, but as the game is half way between an FPS and an RPG there are a lot of RPG style fetch quest elements yeah

So how do I get onto the story missions?

Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast